Wise Boot Booster - not allowing halted processes to restart

vellanator

Boot booster did speed up my system start time, however some of the system processes that it shut down would not come back on even when I manually switched them on.

I went ahead and uninstalled Wise Care 365, however the settings remained.  Nothing that was switched off was changed back.

This has caused some problems, including not being able to log on to the network at the local library, etc.

Can I get some assistance in changing these settings back please?

It was from Wise Boot Booster, which is part of Wise Care 365. When I had the program automatically try to make a faster boot time, Wise Care 365 disabled some services. When I tried to re-enable the services, they would not return back to being enabled.

When I uninstalled Wise Care 365, the services remained disabled, including some critical networking services. Please see the attached screen shot.

post-28327-0-75572300-1413254638_thumb.jpg

I realize that your program is free of charge, and I appreciate that very much. However, if your program makes changes to my system, uninstalling your program should reverse any of the changes made.

@vellanator,

Actually, Wise Boot Booster doesn't disable services automatically. Because we don't know which service are useful for you, and which are useless. We just give you some suggestions.

Even though you follow the suggestion to disable/enable services, wise care 365 will record your operation, you can follow the records to recover manually.

record.png

Hi, thanks for the response.  After having services turned off one way or the other, I am unable to turn them back on.  In trying to undo that issue, I removed Wise Care.  Now the services truly appear to be permanently disabled.  Judging from your screen shot, you're saying I need to buy the Pro version to turn them back on?

:-\

Hi vellenator,

The screenshot you provided only show that some services are stopped; however, that does not mean they are not available if required. With that said, I compared your list to my Win 8.1 PC and many of my services are also stopped; however, I do not have all the exact same services that you have. So, could you provide some additional information please? Here is my list of services and their normal states. Note that I have disabled a few services for my own purposes. Please identify which services have been permanently disabled and I will help you restore them; however,. I need to know which OS you are running. You can view a list your own services by going to Start> Run> and typing services.msc.

UCanFixit

Screenshot_473.png

Screenshot_474.png

Screenshot_475.png

Screenshot_476.png

Anyway the simpler thing to do is to use the system restore point created by wise care itself, the first time you used it.

At this point, there is no confirmation the OP has any issue at all... at least any created by Wise. The view the OP has given as evidence contains many services that are normally stopped. The TrustedInstaller is one example on his list. As you are aware, stopped does not directly equate to disabled.

@vellanator,

Hi, thanks for the response.  After having services turned off one way or the other, I am unable to turn them back on.  In trying to undo that issue, I removed Wise Care.  Now the services truly appear to be permanently disabled.  Judging from your screen shot, you're saying I need to buy the Pro version to turn them back on?

No.

If you are registered user, wise care 365 offer you "One-click" to restore.

If you are Free user, you can refer the records, then enable services one by one manually.

service.jpg

Hi - 

I am running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium (6.1 Build 7601).  

Sample of services that were disabled that will not start:

A simple examples is - Spotify.  I disabled that in an earlier version of Wise.  I uninstalled Wise to update to a newer version.  Spotify then did not show up on the enable / disable list.  

More recently, I allowed disabling of recommended services.  In attempting to switch them on manually, any time I rebooted they would be switched off again.

As mentioned I uninstalled Wise.  Given what had happened with Spotify, I'm not sure why I thought that I'd get a different result.  It seems clear that uninstalling does not reset or release all changed values.

A more recent example on the list that I provided a screenshot of is fax.  That was never disabled until I allowed Wise to disable it.  No huge loss, but as you can see it is now permanently disabled on reboot.  It does allow me to manually re-enable via the processes list.

Other examples like this are:

*  the .net services listed as stopped

*  the Google update services listed as stopped

*  Windows CardSpace

*  NetTcpPortSharing 

*  RemoteRegistry (probably safer this way but still)

*  RichVideo

*  SharedAccess

*  SkypeUpdate

*  Adobe Acrobat update service

Wise Records:

Given that I have uninstalled Wise, will I be able to refer to these?  If not (which I'm guessing is the case), can I re-enable the services manually elsewhere?

Thanks everyone for your help.   :-)

Hi vellanator,

I was trying to compare apples-to-apples when I showed you my screenshot. However, it appears you are still referring to stopped as disabled and I cannot make that association. Can you explain how you tried to enable those affected services again? Did you go to the services menu and change the default value and then it reverted? In any event, you can give this tutorial a try. This is a Win 7 tutorial to change specific services back to their originally installed state. Now, you can run them one at a time or use the batch file available on the same page. Try one and see if it works. However, please be advised that 3rd-party services are not listed. For those, maybe a reinstall will reset those values.

How to Restore Default Services in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/236709-services-restore-default-services-windows-7-a.html

First I tried re-enabling the services via Wise's service menu (with the toggle switches).  It did not work, which is when I decided to uninstall Wise.

I have also attempted to switch them back on manually via the Windows services list.  Fax will turn back on, but is again disabled on reboot.  Others, like some of the network services, will not allow me to re-enable at all.

Does anyone know where Wise changes these settings in the registry?

In the meantime I will look at the Windows 7 tutorial.

First I tried re-enabling the services via Wise's service menu (with the toggle switches).  It did not work, which is when I decided to uninstall Wise.

I have also attempted to switch them back on manually via the Windows services list.  Fax will turn back on, but is again disabled on reboot.  Others, like some of the network services, will not allow me to re-enable at all.

Does anyone know where Wise changes these settings in the registry?

In the meantime I will look at the Windows 7 tutorial.

Wise has to make those changes at the same place the tutorial corrects them. If they make them anywhere else, that's a real problem IMHO.

Well I managed to find this menu (see attached), and I have been able to set things back to normal.  Thankfully there appears to be no need to put any outside registry files into my computer!  

I recommend MSCONFIG to anyone who undergoes the same problem. 

Thanks for all the input.  

post-28327-0-91178600-1413567964_thumb.jpg

Hi vellinator,

If you look at this thread closely, you might notice that the menu you found is also the exact menu I showed you in great detail (eg, the services menu). Coincidence? I also showed you how to get there too. Anyway, glad you fixed your issue. BTW, your attached view does not look like the msconfig view. It actually is the services view.

Cheers,

UCanFixit