Bootup Booster Algorithm

Philip1749

I have been using Wise Care 365 for about one year now. During that time, it appears that changes have been made to the algorithm that computes the time that will be required for the computer to boot up. Before my most recent re-load of my operating system which is Windows 7, the Bootup Booster was consistently computing the boot up time to be 24 to 25 seconds. Since I re-loaded the operating system last week and re-installed Wise Care 365, the boot up time projected by Bootup Booster has been between 44 and 52 seconds. I have disabled every item in the start up menu that I can. And the readings have been about the same. Does anyone have any insight into why there has been such a big change in the boot up time computations, or have any suggestions regarding what can be done?            

I have been using Wise Care 365 for about one year now. During that time, it appears that changes have been made to the algorithm that computes the time that will be required for the computer to boot up. Before my most recent re-load of my operating system which is Windows 7, the Bootup Booster was consistently computing the boot up time to be 24 to 25 seconds. Since I re-loaded the operating system last week and re-installed Wise Care 365, the boot up time projected by Bootup Booster has been between 44 and 52 seconds. I have disabled every item in the start up menu that I can. And the readings have been about the same. Does anyone have any insight into why there has been such a big change in the boot up time computations, or have any suggestions regarding what can be done?            

Hi Philip,

Too many factors can affect your bootup speed, especially when you have reset your os.

I have set up my start up configuration exactly as I had it set up before I re-loaded my operating system. So it seems to me there must be some other factor(s) at work that are effecting my bootup time.

Hi Philip,

The algorithm has been modified.

We suggest that you check and modify items below to enhance your bootup speed.

1. The Task Scheduler: Turn off all the startup items if possible.

2. “Startup” folder in the Start Menu: Delete all the shortcuts if possible.

3. Turn off certain startup items in Wise Care 365.

Please only keep your anti-virus software at startup and turn off other unnecessary ones.

Meanwhile, please check up with your “Windows Task Manager”---”Processes”.

In the lower left corner, you can view the quantities of the running processes.

Normally, 50-60 is normal for a new system and 60-70 is normal for a new one installed with some necessary software.

If the number is bigger than 70, we suggest that you check with other software in your device.

And remember, please be careful when turning off certain items to make sure it’s safe for your PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey if I could just add a few things here...Windows itself has a built in feature called Superfetch and prefetch.  What these do is increase your performance over time by caching common start up files and programs that you run, and also strategic placement on the hard drive for faster access.  This post is a couple days old, so you probably already have seen improvements by now.  Also you may want to check what options you have for the following: goto add/remove programs then "turn windows features on or off"  make sure there are no additional features which you do not need.  By default you may find certain things that you didn't have before.  Get your service packs and get fully updated with windows updates.  Then if all is working good, set up wise cleaner to get rid of service pack back up files.  I have never used those backup files, and I delete them the next day.  Make sure you have a clean setup in device manager, with no exclamation points ! on any devices !.  Red X's are bad too M'kay.  Make sure ALL drivers are installed for your hardware.  Then it's just running the system for a few days all the while tweaking your system to the max if you want...Too many tweaks to continue on here, but google "Most effective windows 7 tweaks" and you will find lots of goodies.  But of course, the programs here help with most of that.  If nothing else makes sense, then make sure you formatted the hard drive correctly.  You cant go wrong with NTFS..Also make sure hard drives are setup to enable write caching in device manager.  I'd go through the whole gammut of tweaks if nothing so far is working.