Why no uninstall?

I just installed Wise Registry Cleaner, but noticed in the Windows Start Menu that no uninstall option is listed (commonly done) (?)

Thanks

Hi leonard5185,

The uninstaller of Wise Registry Cleaner is in the folder in the installation path of WRC. You can find a file named unins000.exe

Normally you will not need to use it. ;)

• 1 year later...

Hi leonard5185,

The uninstaller of Wise Registry Cleaner is in the folder in the installation path of WRC. You can find a file named unins000.exe

Normally you will not need to use it. ;)

"Normally you will not need to use it."  Yes you need the uninstall option. After constant error message while trying to backup full registry, I decided to get rid of it and stay with JV16 power tools and Advance system care that have served flawlessly for the past FIVE years. Thanks to Revo uninstaller, did not need look too far to uninstall "Wise" thingie.

@CMC,

As i know, Advanced system care don't have the Full Registry Backup feature, but Wise Registry Cleaner has it.

I read your another post "Cannot backup Full registry" (http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/6436-cannot-backup-full-registry/)

, the error message means your disk has issues, you' better run chkdsk c: /f  to check your disk.

About uninstallation, Windows control panel can uninstall all installed programs.

@Admin

Thanks for the suggestion. I sincerly appreciate it.

The elementary measures, nearly in all cases, is to re-start the system, run chkdsk, see if anti-virus is in a good mood today, update your drivers,… So, chkdsk and all other “Elementary” measures have already been taken.

I believe, as no other application has hiccupped in this manner EVER, I think the issue is an isolated one pertinent to the software, conflict with other programs or related to some extremely technical issues (registry, services, permissions,….) that I do not know much about and since the issue is just applicable to THIS program have no desire to investigate any further.

If you read my other post(s) at http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/6436-cannot-backup-full-registry/, you must be aware that due to the fact that registry entries are modified many times, even in one day, particularly if settings of programs are changed, vital files/folders are deleted or moved, uninstall, re-install, and new install, … I am not a fan of full registry back-up. It is a mere useless feature unless one does not do much with the system but, it was a feature included with Wise Registry Cleaner and since it exhibits hiccups in my case, I am reluctant to check other features.

You are correct, IOBits and JV-Powertools in addition to many other system enhancement and registry cleaner programs DO NOT offer full registry back-up and one needs to wonder----WHY is that?

• 1 month later...

When you want to un-install wise cleaner software then there is option to create a new registry entries. these  entries should automatically be deleted when you uninstall the application. Unlucky, it does not always work properly. Sometimes, you will find that some applications fail to remove their own registry entries.