internet explorer will no longer function with my windows 7 64 bit system

The following error comes up when I try to launch links and some other items, which was noticed after internet explorer would not longer open. I have installed Mozilla Firefox to access the internet while I attempt to correct this issue.

The error mentioned above is:

The ordinal 701 could not be located in the dynamic link library iertutil.dll

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 8151 MB

CPU: Intel® Core i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz

Drive Info:

C: 920.59 GB

D: 0.04 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

1) Try the softwares listed in Free tools (Anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-virus) that you could use to inspect your computer.

2) Press Windows key on your keyboard (and keep it pressed), then press R key, release the two keys (Windows + R), it will open the run window, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced and press enter.

Click the environment variables... button (on your screen)Find the path variable and check if c:\windows\system32 (or %SystemRoot%\system32) is present between all the paths

If not, add it at the end of the entire string (preceded by a semi colon) and click Always ok.

3) Try to uninstall/reinstall MSIE 11 (from control panel, programs, turn Windows features on or off)

4) Open a command prompt and type (or copy/paste) this command:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IERTUTIL.DLL 
(press enter key on your keyboard)
5) Check if you have got IERTUTIL.DLL in c:\windows\system32

If not, you can extract it from your Windows installation cd, or other places; check Chkdsk function not working Windows 7 Pro 32 Upgrade from Vista for more informations.