Run the latest version of WRC and crippled the system

alon1205

Dear all.

Last night, we updated the WRC to the version 8.21.536 on the Windows 2008 R2 host.

All of the suddent it showed a lot of errors on the run, which it reported as fixed. That is when problems begun.

There is a backup feature and restore, which used, but it doesnt really help.

Looks like the environment is totallys screwed up, even if we restore backup copis of the registry from different dates in the past 1 month (there were no changes to the system).

We could not get Admin Tools to run, had to specify manually the mmc.exe is the util to open all the tools.

We can not start bunch of services, for example the print spooler give us the error:

Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified"

The same goes for VSS and some other services. We need to make it through the day, after which we can retire the machine, the new environment is almost ready.

Does anyone explerience similar issue over the past 2-3 days with the latest version?

Regards,

Alex

Hi alon1205.
I'm using the registry cleaner inside wise care 365 (deep scan) on windows 8.1, update 1, x64.
I'm not having any issue.
WRC 8.21.536 is (now) showing the following (and I'm going to fix them):

post-11233-0-43826400-1404405435_thumb.jpg

Try to launch sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt (it should last 20-50 minutes) and report the final result here.
You can try also to start your machine in safe mode (click) and see if the problem disappears. Or a clean startup (click).

Hey, Xilo

Thanks for the response. We ran SFC already and it came back without any problems found. I will try to use safe mode. did not do it yet. But the issue manifested it self after the reboot we did, righrt after we ran the cleaner. And Correction - the host is Windows 2008 R2 and not Windows 8. Just FYI.

Sorry for it.

1, Did you only run registry cleaner?

2, I hope you have not uninstalled wise registry cleaner.

1) Open restore center of wise registry cleaner

2) Restore the operation according to the time. (select one record and restore to the state before cleanup)

3) Scan it again and export the result via right click.

4) Send this report to us. ([email protected])

we need to analyze and find out the reason.

3, Did you get same error messages when you start those services?