BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) Help

In this forum, some members seek help to fix BSOD problem, but just only a few words. It is difficult for others to analyze and find out BSOD reason.

So, if you have a BSOD problem, please describe more details and upload dump files.

1, Describe details.

What were you doing before BSOD? Run some programs or else?

Did you insert new hardware?

Did you update hardware drivers? Official drivers or not?

2, Upload dump files.

1) Open C:\Windows\Minidump\, find out *.dump file, upload the latest one.

2) Maybe you need to compress this file using WinRAR or WinZip before uploading.

When we get this file, we can analyze and tell you how to fix your problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

C:\Windows\Minidump is empty; Windows didn't create any dump files. How can i do?

The following procedure could slightly change from Windows XP to Windows 10, but the concept is the same.

I've done the following steps using Windows 8.1 x64.

• Press Windows key on your keyboard (and keep it pressed), then press R key, release the two keys (Windows + R), it will open the run window, type SystemPropertiesAdvanced  and press enter.
  • Click the settings... button (on your screen) under the start-up and recovery frame and check if under write debugging information it is selected small memory dump (256kb).

If not, select it and click Always ok.

post-11233-0-41572300-1397371180_thumb.jpg

• Thanks to JoeMcLutz, I added this point.

The pagefile.sys MUST be present on the system partition (that is usually C:\).

If it had been disabled in the past, or if it is not present, you can set the pagefile from the same path at point 1 (i.e., open SystemPropertiesAdvanced).

Click the settings... button (on your screen) under the performance frame, select the advanced tab, click the Change... button and set the values of your virtual memory = pagefile.sys.

They could be equal.

The minimum size is 16MB (on Windows 8.1 x64).

• 11 months later...

Hi JoeMcLutz.

It is true that the pagefile is necessary, but it is usually enabled on every systems.

If it had been disabled by the user, it should know it.

In my system (win 8.1), the minimum pagefile size is 16MB. :)

Hi Xilolee.

I'm still running Windows XP SP3 and had pagefile.sys on P: partition (6,5 Gb Max & Min)... I discovered just yesterday why I had no MiniDump... :D

Anyway, my BSOD almost all the time occourred after I installed WiseCare365 3.5.9 and using Firefox.

==================================================
Dump File         : Mini040415-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 04/04/2015 13.30.57
Bug Check String  : ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC
Bug Check Code    : 0x000000b8
Parameter 1       : 0x00000000
Parameter 2       : 0x00000000
Parameter 3       : 0x00000000
Parameter 4       : 0x00000000
Caused By Driver  : WiseTDIFw.sys
Caused By Address : WiseTDIFw.sys+36cb
Processor         : 32-bit
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+22f0e
Stack Address 1   : ntoskrnl.exe+6ec4b
Stack Address 2   : hal.dll+291a
Stack Address 3   : afwcore.sys+aa2f
Full Path         : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040415-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Dump File Size    : 94,208
Dump File Time    : 04/04/2015 13.31.47
==================================================

I restored a backup (one week ago) and it's about 5-6 hours I've no more BSODs...

I noticed I hadn't WiseTDIFw.sys in C:\Windows\ with previous version of WiseCare365...

Ok. Another person had got a BSOD recently with version 3.58.

Given that The WiseCleaner team released a new version 3.59, I thought the problem was solved... But it seems it is not.

Please open a new topic in the Wise Care 365 section/sub-forum and attach the minidump file to your post, too.

They will probably reply on Monday or Tuesday (since Monday is a festivity), but I could eventually check the dump, even if I'm not an expert.

Anyway, it seems your BSOD analizer (NirSoft BlueScreenView?) had already detected the problem.