Wise disk defrag is ignoring my drive

acoustic words

When I run the defragmenting program in Wise Disk Cleaner 8.06.576, it defrags my E drive with no problem, but it seems to be ignoring my C drive completely. (Yes, I have both C and E drives checked on the options!). It analyzes and optimizes E drive, and says it's "analyzing" C drive, but nothing is actually happening on C drive -- analysis remains at 0% indefinitely. I've tried running a defrag only (no optimization) on C drive; I've tried running the program (defrag alone and defrag and optimize) on C drive only (no E drive); I've even uninstalled Wise Disk Cleaner and reinstalled a fresh copy of it -- nothing has helped so far. I think this started with 8 Beta, and I've hoped that each update would solve the issue, but so far, they haven't. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately, I'm not tech-savvy enough to know what an SSD drive is. How can I find out if my C drive is an SSD drive? I have been using Wise Cleaner for some time now, and had no problem with earlier versions. It was only after upgrading to 8 Beta that it would not recognize my C drive. This includes uninstalling 8 Beta and installing the official version 8 when it was released.

Hi,

Do you means old version of Wise Disk Cleaner can recognize your C drive? Wise Disk Cleaner 7?

Do you install Wise Care 365 / Wise Data Recovery / Wise Jet Search? All of them will read your disk info.

This way can check out whether your C drive is SSD.

Right click My Computer-->Manage-->Device Manager, expand Disk drives, it will display your disk info.

1.jpg