PC starts up slow after installing Wise Care 365

firhkiller

After installing your 365 program my pc take 95 seconds or slower to start up. I ran you first aid program and it said to turn it off at the task mgr. did and rebooted the system. At that point I got a blue screen from the sytem indicating the pc is shuting down . Then a black screen wanting me to select how to open the window program due to a error in closing down. let it run normal. The start up time is now about 86 seconds. My pc normally boots up really fast. But now with your programs on it . not so.

Operating system:Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) Service Pack 1
System root: C:\windows
Available physical memory: 3020 MB
CPU: Intel® Core i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
Drive Info:
C: 285.15 GB
Internet Explorer: 11.0

Hi firhkiller,

I am not a Wise employee but I am curious about your issue. So, when you say:

I ran you first aid program

Are you referring to Wise Care 365 or Wise PC 1st Aid? If Wise Care 365, did you just run the initial PC Checkup and then select Fix Now? If so, could you please go to the System Tuneup Tab (see attached image) and try to revert to the Windows 7 System Default settings (lower-right of the view) and see if that helps your issue?

Good luck,

UCanFixit

post-22247-0-30061500-1392247397_thumb.jpg

UPDATE: After downloading and running the Wise Care 365 portable, I rebooted and I noticed 3 things were added to run on startup! Specifically, I used autoruns (see attached image) to check for startup items because I received a Wise Boost pop-up with my boot time displayed. Maybe that is part of your problem as well. If you think so, you can run autoruns, uncheck those items, and delete them from running at startup; however, I would be curious to know if they were removed automatically if you uninstalled Wise Care 365 too.

@wise_admin:

I'm also curious to know why Wise Care 365 has chosen to automatically add those entries to a portable version? So, that now make the portable version "not portable" IMHO. Moreover, what would have if I downloaded and ran the portable version from a USB flash drive... and then removed the flash drive? I'm guessing I would end up with 3 invalid startup entries (on next boot) because the flash drive would now be absent (e.g., unplugged).

post-22247-0-45023600-1392248626_thumb.jpg

MORE INFORMATION: So, I left those 3 startup entries in place and captured my boot time (as recorded by Wise Care 365). Note that I did not invoke any options to "Speed Up" my PC or "Tune Up" my PC because it is already fast enough! Moreover, I did not see where those 3 additional startup items (see previous post) had an effect on my startup time. Basically, its still as fast as it ever was...

I'm hoping this information will help the OP recover his boot time to normal speed and also give the Wise Team something to consider when including auto-startup options on a portable (or installed version for that matter). I firmly believe those options should be set at the discretion of the person using the software.

UCanFixit

@firhkiller: I'm not sure how you were measuring your boot time before the Wise installation; however, I used a manual (timed) second count from power on until the desktop appeared (Win 8.1 x64) and that was always about 7 to 10 seconds. Now, if you do the same (after the Wise installation) is that time still about the same? The reason I'm asking is I think the Wise Boost pop-up may include time to process background processes as well. So, if you have a bunch of programs set to run at startup, that could be why Wise is reporting such a long boot time. Just a thought...

post-22247-0-99769000-1392250794_thumb.jpg

Hi firhkiller

Just like UCanFixIt said, did you used Wise PC 1stAid, then your pc has some problems, like blue screen or what?

If yes, which function of Wise PC 1stAid did you used?

@UCanFixIt:

If Wise Care 365 don't create these 3 entries, it cannot run with Windows startup, it cannot calculate system startup time, it cannot  remind user he need to clean junk files.
Not all users save portable version in removable disk.

Thanks again.

@UCanFixIt:

If Wise Care 365 don't create these 3 entries, it cannot run with Windows startup, it cannot calculate system startup time, it cannot  remind user he need to clean junk files.

The operative word here is "portable" and your current structure of the portable version makes it not portable! Automatic startup options should not be automatically marked in any portable version; period! IMHO, if you feel they are essential to the operation, then I would suggest you stop offering a portable version so people do not get stuck with invalid startup entries after running the program one time.

Not all users save portable version in removable disk.

When a company offers a portable version of any software, it should be constructed for use by all. Now, since some (or many) users do use/run portable applications from removable disks, your above statement would indicate a lack of concern for those portable users who are left with invalid startup entries after running the program just one time. In summary, if Wise cannot get creative with this portable solution, by making those startup features optional, it should not be offered in a portable version because it does not meet the portable criteria when it makes permanent changes to the startup options.

Respectfully,

UCanFixit