Issue with Disk Eraser

saad

I have a Windows 8.1 64-bit system and I have installed the latest version of your Wise Care 365. When I run 'Disk Eraser', I get a warning window telling me that "A serious mistake has been found in your partitions. Please check your partitions by some disk utilits first." I ran Windows disk check utility and it didn't find any error on the disks. This is a false alarm.

By the way "utilits" is misspelled in this window.

post-22835-0-50947600-1391325552_thumb.jpg

Hi saad,

It may very well be a miscalculation by Wise Care; however, to be sure, could you please provide a screenshot of Disk Management? Also, could you provide a screenshot of the disk in question from System Information? FYI, my screenshots are from an 8.1 UEFI installation.

post-22247-0-20440200-1391329209_thumb.png

post-22247-0-51683200-1391329217_thumb.png

I have a Windows 8.1 64-bit system and I have installed the latest version of your Wise Care 365. When I run 'Disk Eraser', I get a warning window telling me that "A serious mistake has been found in your partitions. Please check your partitions by some disk utilits first." I ran Windows disk check utility and it didn't find any error on the disks. This is a false alarm.

By the way "utilits" is misspelled in this window.

attachicon.gif2014.01.27_23h46m38s_001_.jpg

Hi saad,

Sorry to reply you late.

Actually, Windows disk check utility cannot check out disk partitions errors. 

You need run some disk partitions tools, e.g Disk Genius...

Hi saad,

I previously asked your for some information and you never responded. So, how can anyone analyze your situation without looking at your partition structure? You can't just say its a Wise error (although it could be); however, you can't fix something you can't duplicate and/or can't see, so please provide a screenshot of your disk management and system information as requested.

Thank you,

UCanFixit

Hi,

I don't think you guys even have looked into this issue on your systems. First you should try looking into issues on your systems and if you're not able to reproduce the issue then ask customer to provide more info to analyze the issue on customer's system.

I have tried your program on three different systems, all with Windows 8.1 64-bit, same issue on all three systems.

I don't post system snapshots in forums. I have sent all the info to Wise Care Support before I post it here, no answer until now.

I have uninstalled your program from my systems.

then ask customer to provide more info to analyze the issue on customer's system.

I did just that!

I don't post system snapshots in forums. I have sent all the info to Wise Care Support before I post it here, no answer until now.

Then why did you post here (if you were working directly with Wise support)? This is a user-to-user forum and I am not a Wise employee.

FYI, I (personally) believe it could be an issue with the Wise program; however, if you are unwilling to provide feedback to suggestions, then your post here was a waste of time IMHO. However, this OP was willing to work his issue through the forum directly and he really helped Wise solve an issue similar to yours:

Wisecare365 - Disk Eraser - "Does not support this drive"

Good luck!

attachicon.gifImmagine.jpg

Latest version (yes, I've upgraded it now):

attachicon.gifImmagine.jpg

Other informations:

using Windows firewall

using Windows defender

UAC: maximum level

using wise care 365 portable version

Hi xilolee,

I just installed the latest version as well and the Disk Eraser works flawlessly on my Windows 8.1 x64 desktop!

Best regards,

UCanFixit

post-22247-0-17473200-1391897529_thumb.jpg

post-22247-0-17113300-1391897536_thumb.jpg

post-22247-0-13379900-1391897543_thumb.jpg

post-22247-0-11320300-1391897554_thumb.jpg

If there is an issue with the physical drives, how come your program's Disk Defrag won't produce it? Any disk defrag utility will produce if there is any issue with the physical drives. I tried Diskeeper, PerfectDisk and O&O Defrag to see if they produce an error on the physical drive, none!

post-22835-0-44210200-1391910278_thumb.jpg

It works Ok on a Windows 7. This program has this issue on Windows 8/8.1! Which Windows are you using?

If you check the screenshots I sent, it is included.

Anyway, Windows 8.1 x64 (the pc has been bought in november 2012 with Win8 x64).

It seems ucanfixit has got the same system of mine and yours.

FYI, I'm a moderator on this forum BUT I'm not a Wise employee, just like ucanfixit.

We are here to try to help you (and other users), if possible, but without complete informations we can't.

Like I said I also reported this issue to Wise Care support and finally they replied back today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for your email. We'd like to help with the issue.

The error you mentioned is a Disk Partition Table error, please run a software named DiskGenius to check and fix this error.

Thanks for your support!

Any further questions, please feel free to contact us.

-------------------------------

I was able to figure out the issue. I have Paragon Hard Disk Manager 14 Pro (http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hdm-professional/) on my system. I have created a Backup Capsule to store a backup image of the system. Wise Care has an issue with that Backup Capsule. I removed the Paragon Backup Capsule and ran Wise Care, everything was fine.

The reply from Wise Care Support was very irresponsible. The program they suggested, GeniusDisk, is not even Windows 8/8.1 compatible. What if someone has bought that program and tried to fix partition tables? Wise Care support needs to be more professional.

I'm a coder and Linux expert. I test some known Registry Cleaning and Disk Management softwares. I never saw any program's support so unprofessional like Wise Care.

I suggest that Wise Care support should see if their program also has an issue with Acronis True Image's SecureZone.