garioch7

Is There A Simple Way to Paste URLs in a Message

I am a member of a number of Forums and have never had a problem pasting URLs in them, but there seems to a trick on this Forum that I do not understand.  I can type one in, no problem, but when I try to paste, nothing happens.  I have clicked on the URL icon, which brings up a Link screen, paste my URL, then hit OK, but the URL link screen just stays there and I have to close the webpage to regain control.  Of course, my response is long gone.

Just curious.  Have read the Forum rules and looked everywhere for an answer but it has eluded me.  I did see how to post screenshots, but not how to paste URLs, if that can be done on this Forum.

Thanks for any help you may be able to give this old man.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Hi Phil

I have the same issue when trying to use IE11 on Win 8.1. There is definitely a compatibility issue between IE11 and the forum software. I have not tried to determine the cause but the forum admins should look into it IMHO. Anyway, there are two workarounds for this issue:

Workaround #1 - Use Firefox 26 which doesn't have this issue.

Workaround #2 for IE11 users - See image below. Click the button circled below. Place your cursor a the point of insertion for the link. Right-click and paste the link. Click the button again to return to the normal mode.

Cheers!

UCanFixit

post-22247-0-50287500-1391029838_thumb.jpg

Thanks UCanFixit for your advice.  I don't have Firefox, but I do have Chrome since one of my major forums won't load correctly with IE11 and the company has done nothing to rectify the problem.

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/4573-is-there-a-simple-way-to-paste-urls-in-a-message/

Your IE11 workaround suggestion works well, UCanFixit. Indeed you can! Thank you. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil