Wisecare365 - Disk Eraser - "Does not support this drive"

MGP

Looks like a success.  DiskEraser recognized the drive.  And when I clicked "Clean", it started the Erasure process.  I didn't have it clean the whole drive, since the only recoverable files were actually clusters that Ccleaner had already cleaned and renamed with files names of zzzzzz, etc.  That and the estimated time of over 5 hours, I figured as long as it recognized the drive and started the process was enough to prove a successful run. 

So, what was the ultimate fix that finally got it to work? 

post-22132-0-65908900-1390330617_thumb.jpg

post-22132-0-31761300-1390330625_thumb.jpg

Hi MGP,

Sorry for delay.

Thank you for your help to fix this problem.

The reason is, the MBR (Master Boot Record) of your disk is not 512 byte.

I'm guessing that's due to the fact that, according to what I've read, (from Wikipedia) "The organization of the partition table in the MBR limits the maximum addressable storage space of a disk to 2TB", and my disk is 3TB.    According to what I've read, my disk should utilize GPT, but I'm not sure it is. 

Anyway, I'll leave it at that.  Glad I could help you figure out why Wisecare365 wasn't able to read the disk. 

Thanks again for a great product.

According to what I've read, my disk should utilize GPT, but I'm not sure it is.

Your disk is not GPT (according to the diskpart view I asked you to provide earlier). In addition, the GPT requirement only applies to boot drives. So, the only logical conclusion is/was that Wise Care 365 could not address anything above 2TBs (as you stated) because they were hard-wired to the old standard addressing format. You did them a great service by hanging in there and helping them correct their addressing issue.