Chrome extensions by enterprise policy

In my chrome extensions list I have lots of enterprise policy installed extensions, and most of these are useless ones. Please tell me why is it and what I can do about it?

Many thanks to your suggestions.

4344ed36cf20288597501e412233a566.png

Operating system:Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) Service Pack 1

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3792 MB

CPU: Intel® Core i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Drive Info:

C: 279.05 GB

Q: 17.58 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

Hi 16ngr1! :)

1) Download adwcleaner portable (click) and run it.

If it finds something malicious, post a screenshot or write here what is it, then clean it.

2) Download wise care 365 portable (click), extract it and put it on your desired/preferred folder.

3) Double left-click wisecare365.exe, click custom checkup, select/tick all entries (or the entries that you prefer), click ok, click checkup now, wait until the scan finishes, click fix now.

4) Click the third tab at top: system tuneup

On the left, click the fourth tab: startup manager

Remove unnecessary items (keep enabled antivirus and processor items)

5) Reset chrome to its default settings

Keep us informed.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 16ngr1,

It seems like your Chrome or your computer is established in Enterprise Policy. I'm trying to rebuild it.

If you want to learn more about Chrome for Business and Education, you can browse this page. HERE

You try to check two areas:

1, open  C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\  can you find this file master_preferences ?

If yes, please make a copy to another folder, then delete it. If this cannot work, restore the master_preferences

3.jpg

2, click Start menu, type gpedit.msc in search box and press Enter. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions, open Configure the list of force-installed extensions , click Show, remove the extension that one you don't want. If you don't want all, just click Disable.

1.jpg  2.jpg

I'm not sure this can work, just a try.

Do you try my method?  If it cannot work, you'd better to contact the network admin.

click Start menu, type gpedit.msc in search box and press Enter. Navigate to Local Computer Policy > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Classic Administrative Templates > Google > Google Chrome > Extensions, open Configure the list of force-installed extensions , clickShow, remove the extension that one you don't want. If you don't want all, just click Disable.