Unable to Download

Always getting this message when attempting to download programs:- 'Windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file.You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item'.I have tried everything I can think of to solve this.Please help,if you can. Thank You.

Operating system:Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)

System root: C:\Windows

Available physical memory: 3037 MB

CPU: Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E5800 @ 3.20GHz

Drive Info:

C: 918.81 GB

D: 12.60 GB

Internet Explorer: 11.0

A couple of thoughts.  (1) Is your antivirus or firewall software blocking access to the file downloads.  Try turning it off.  (2) Where are you attempting to download the files to?  You should select that Downloads directory.  Some folders under Programs and Programs x86 will be blocked by Windows.

Hope this helps.  Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Some programs remember the last download path and will attempt to use it again (eg, Adobe). However, if it is a general downloading issue, then the above suggestions should fix your issue; however, if your download issue is related to a specific program, you may only have two choices:

Replug in the device that was previously identified as the download storage location for the program in question.

Uninstall and reinstall the offending program to reset the download storage location ( or see if that option exists as a feature).

my2cents