after registry defrag pc doesnt recognize hdd

fran

hello, i've been using wise care 360 for a while now and i've used reg defrag many times and always worked perfect... but this time i used it and when it told me to reboot i put yes, then during restart, did the defragmentation (i suppose) but it took so long and only i could see was a black screen, the hdd led activity indicator was not red so disk was doing nothing. so i pressed the reboot button, after that my pc won't boot, i mean just loads bios screen and hangs there I can't even enter bios (f2 nor del), so i unplugged sata cable from hdd and lets me enter bios now i'm using linux slax from a pen drive that's the only way i managed to boot and acess bios..i tried removing the battery from motherboard and reseting bios to default values but nothing worked. i even tried plugging sata cable (it supports hot swap) while using slax but the hdd doesn't appear on linux.. i have a windows 7 repair cd but i don't know how to use it and have no idea if my hdd can be repaired with it.. i have a p8-z77 deluxe motherboard and when disk hangs there this code appears A2 looking in the manual it says IDE detect..i also see turned on the boot device led on the motherboard.. maybe its related to the problem i'm having  ..hope someone can give me a hand.. thanks..

system specs:

motherboard asus p8z77-v deluxe 

processor intel I7 3770k @ 4.02 GHz with cooler master v8

ram 2x4gb amd entertainment edition 1600 Mhz

video card MSI radeon hd 6970 R Lightning

HDD wd caviar blue 500 gb 

Hi fran! :)

Have you tried to restore your pc with a previous restore point?

You could download hiren's boot cd or ubcd4win, burn it on a CD, start your pc with that cd, then there is a program called registry restore wizard that allows you to restore your pc to a previous restore point.

I move your topic on wise care 365 section and hopefully you will receive an aswer by the admin or by the developers.

Looking forward for your kind feedback!

well no as i can't even boot windows 7 so i can't restore anything (besides that i think i deleted all restore points but the last one so it may not work), as i plug the sata cable just hangs on bios screen and hopefully a friend of mine told me some commands on this linux and i could see that the hdd is working and data is there but for some reason it won't boot. i could restore registry hope that works thanks for the idea but as next week i'm buying a ssd,  i'll install a new win7 there and see if it recognizes the hdd if not i could try the hiren's boot.. thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

hi no there was no message.. but problem has been solved. i bought a ssd and installed a new windows 7 there then pluged the hdd and saw there was a system reserved partition of aprox 100 mb and 13 used with only one file called btmngr ot sth like that.. even when reseting pc with the new drive problem was still there so it was that weired partition that was creating that problem with boot so unplugged hdd then boot with ssd plug again and i had to wipe that strange partition and extend one of the other 2 partitions i had and problem resolved. it seems that when i used wise 360 registry defrag created this partition so this bug should be fixed if possible or at least a window during boot should appear showing defrag process otherwise people could just think pc hanged and reset and have the same problem i had.. hope this info helps for future problems ! thanks a lot for the help. 

Well ok I'll check that. And yes suggestions I have a few  it'd be great to have a visual interface during reg defrag like tune up utilities has and maybe some recommendations or tweaks for ssd users.some label showing hardware info.also it would be great for example an option to move all browsers caches to hdd instead of ssd as it decreases its durability with constant writes with all pages we visit.i say this as its really annoying to use the junction program and not very easy to do I tried but no success. Thanks a lot. 

Hi, fran

You give us 4 suggestions:

1, add a visual interface during reg defrag;

2, add some recommendation or tweaks for SSD user;

3, add a label to show hardware info;

4, a feature to move all browsers caches to HDD instead of SSD.

Sorry,  I cannot understand the 4th one. Do you means that Wisecleaner software can change browsers caches saving directory?

yes you're right! that's what i meant.. because no matter where i put (for example) the opera launcher or where i save the installation files, this browser creates a cache file on C drive and i don't want that to happen. so i googled a bit and there's a solution with a program called junction that creates like a link to another directory you desire but the browser creates many folders in different places so it's kind of difficult to know if one is missing..

anyways the only one that saves all pages you visit should be the cache folder but found 2 possible ones (first one has some more folders, don't know if it saves a cache there ) one here C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable and one here C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Opera Software\Opera Stable\Cache (this last one should be the cache) .. well that's opera not sure if other browsers storage cache on this place C:\Users\%username%\AppData.. thanks for helping me..