[Solved - WinXP] Διακοπή δυνατότητας αποστολής email από Outlook 2007 - No emails can be sent from outlook 2007

Ενώ δούλευε μια χαρά για χρόνια, εδώ και 2 εβδομάδες το Outlook δεν στέλνει email. Παραλαμβάνει ΟΚ, αλλά στην αποστολή όλα τα πιστοποιητικά επίδοσης λένε: 

"This is the mail system at host smtp.tellas.gr. 

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below. 

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster. 

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message. 

The mail system <διεύθυνση email παραλήπτη>: delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting".

Βλέπω στο Google οτι η συγκεκριμένη πρόταση που έχω στον τίτλο έχει βρεθεί προβληματική σε πολλές περιπτώσεις άλλων χρηστών. Μίλησα με την Wind (ο ISP μου), όπου μου είπαν οτι δεν έχουν κάτι να συνεισφέρουν. Ο webmaster μου επίσης δεν φταίει, μια και η πλατφόρμα του λειτουργεί. Άρα μάλλον το Outlook πρέπει να έχει κάποιο πρόβλημα και αναρωτιέμαι τί θα μπορούσα να κάνω. 

Πάντως το Google με οδήγησε στις επόμενες σελίδες στις οποίες η αναζήτηση της φράσης του τίτλου έδωσε hits:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/mailing.postfix.users/Bw5AAtu2_JE

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrators/36425-solved-urgent-help-needed.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg14447.html

http://readlist.com/lists/postfix.org/postfix-users/29/149415.html

Καμμιά βοήθεια κανείς? Ευχαριστώ προκαταβολικά.

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 3

System root: C:\WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 2039 MB

CPU: Intel® Core2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz

Drive Info:

C: 232.88 GB

Internet Explorer: 8.0

Thank you for your speedy reply (how could you read the Greek I wonder...); no, there has been no new anything, in fact I use the Microsoft free antivirus and thus the Windows firewall... seeing the amount of discussion the topic has on Google, I thought I made some strange change on the "options" dialogue and maybe someone could tell me what it was, so that I might restore it. Other than that, I really do not have a clue, the problem appeared suddenly and no emails can be sent, although all can be received. As Outlook is sending and receiving from the main email provider, I tried to use that platform directly (outside Outlook) and found things go fine from there, so it must be something wrong with Outlook as such. Any idea welcome... 

Google translator :)

Are you using a hosts file?

Are you sending enclosures (files) inside your emails?

If yes, could they be malicious? (i.e., have you tried to scan them before sending them?)

Are you using content filters or parental control?

Are you using intensive upload programs (usually, p2p programs like torrent, emule, and so forth), saturating your upstream, when you are sending emails?

I didn't find pop and smtp servers on www.wind.gr, and didn't find instructions to set up outlook (or whatever other mail program)...

If you know how to search (and find) them, you could check that page to see if they have changed port and policies for smtp server...

Thank you for the very prompt and educated reply. My outlook is configured to send & receive emails for both the sektor.gr and the spyro.gr hosts (I suppose that's what you call them, my email addresses have this at the end!). Emails from my [email protected] address do get send from the webmail.sektor.gr, which is one of the two hosts and I have no way to check the spyro.gr host, but I should think the same thing happens. So, there must be something wrong with Outlook that came up suddenly out of the blue, as it's been working fine for more than 5 years. Your idea about asking the ISP (www.wind.gr) is great, I actually did by phone some time ago but they professed ignorance. I'll try again, as the return email says they (smtp.tellas.gr) have the problem of executing the sending. I'll just ask them what their problem is, I suppose...

Would the following text that accompanies the failure reports perhaps help in deducing what is going on?

"Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.tellas.gr

X-Postfix-Queue-ID: 86761383541
X-Postfix-Sender: rfc822; [email protected]
Arrival-Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:30:01 +0200 (EET)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; {my own yahoo email address}
Original-Recipient: rfc822;{my own email address}
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with
    127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting

Final-Recipient: rfc822; {intended recipient' email address}
Original-Recipient: rfc822;{intended recipients email address}
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: conversation with
    127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] timed out while receiving the initial server greeting"

Thank you very much indeed for the support guys; apparently, this must have been a malware of some sort, which I appear to have gotten rid of tangentially. As I also had this dosearches adware stuck in somehow, I followed the steps of the link http://malwaretips.com/blogs/do-searches-virus-removal/, which for some reason got rid of this Outlook problem too. Got a bit wiser through the process too; your insights were very useful.

Thanks for your feedback!

Do you know how your pc gets infected?

Have you used any other software to remove dosearch?

Have you used wise registry cleaner and ccleaner to check if windows registry is clean?

For others that might read this topic, sonical has used these softwares:

1) adwcleaner (free) 3.012 (11th Nov 2013)

2) junk removal tool (free) 6.0.8 (5th Nov 2013)

3) cleaned up (manually) the browsers shortcuts

(just as an example: right click on internet explorer, properties, shortcut tab, target field, remove http://dosearches-whatever after the path of the browser executable file)

4) malwarebytes antimalware free 1.75.0.1300 (Sep 2013?)

5) hitman pro (shareware 30 days) 3.7 (Nov 2013?)