How to Get Rid of Unwanted Web Browser Toolbars and Programs?

How to Recover Deleted Files in Windows For Free? Check this video

1. Unwanted toolbars

Every time you browse the internet, some toolbar which you don't remember installing keeps annoying you. Well whether you installed it by accident or not, here's a guide on how to remove unwanted toolbars from your browser.

Toolbars can end up on your computer in various ways. The most common is when you install software and forget to untick the box for the additional toolbar installation.

How to remove toolbars from Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome?

Instead of opening the browser and deleting the toolbars in Manage Add-ons or Extensions, you can download Wise Plugin Manager ( http://www.wisecleaner.com/wisepluginmanager.html ). You can take full control of all the plugins, add-ons and extensions like toolbars of the four most used browsers.

Click the corresponding tab of the browser in Wise Plugin Manager, you will see all the toolbars, plugins and add-ons existing in the browser. There you can turn on/off or delete any of them with one click.

QQ截图20141106140712.png

Note: You have to make these operations when the browser is closed.

2. Unwanted programs

The same situation goes with the unwanted programs. Programs you don’t even remember installing or you don’t want any more keeps taking up space. In most cases, it also comes with the installation of other programs. You may think it is pretty simple, find and open Control Panel then click Uninstall a program. Why even bother talking about it? Hear me out, it might not be that simple. Problem is the installation of programs may leave some residual entries and invalid files. The accumulation of these useless leftovers can slow your PC down and make it unstable. Some broken or stubborn programs just can’t be uninstalled. So allow me to conclude a little bit, while uninstalling a program, we got two concerns: 

1. Cleaning the leftovers of a uninstalled program. 

2. Removing a broken or stubborn program thoroughly. 

In that case, a professional program uninstaller is quite necessary. I use a freeware named Wise Program Uninstaller  It has a very concise interface, which I like very much. Its two main functions( Safe Uninstall, Enforced Uninstall) deal with the two concerns perfectly. When you click the Safe Uninstall, it executes the uninstaller that came with this software and after that it scans and analyzes the registry entries and files associated with this program and then make a list of them for you to delete. So it is a complete removal of the uninstalled software. 

2.png

For some broken or stubborn software that just can’t be moved by windows, you can execute the Enforced Uninstall. It makes the uninstall very simple and thorough. What is really amazing is that it also provides the Modify function for some software, fixing the errors existing in the program or reinstalling the software to make your PC run in a more stable state.

3.png

4.png