Desligamento não solicitado

o computador se desliga sozinho, tá funcionando bem e simplesmente reinicia.

Operating system:Microsoft Windows XP (32 bit) Service Pack 2

System root: C:\WINDOWS

Available physical memory: 2015 MB

CPU: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

Drive Info:

C: 24,41 GB

D: 50,11 GB

Internet Explorer: 6.0

Portuguese to English:

Shutdown unsolicited
the computer turns itself off while working well and simply restarts.

--------------------------

There are many possible reasons for the restart.

To disable it next time, please simply follow the instructions below:

Go to:

system properties --- advanced ---startup and recovery,

Find:
automatically restart

Uncheck the item above and save the change.

Meanwhile, we strongly suggest that you update your operating system.

Sometimes this can be caused by an overheating situation. Itunes, RealPlayer, Windows Media player, etc. require a lot of processing power to decompress and decode music files, which can cause the processor or hard drive to get hot.

If your CPU is running at over 60 degrees © you might be at risk of burning it out. Some systems shut down automatically when the temperature reaches an unsafe level. Every few weeks I open my system unit and clean the fins on the heat sink that sits under the CPU. When they collect dust it restricts the airflow and prevents proper cooling. You can use a can of compressed air (look at your local office supply store) or an old toothbrush. I just did that on my system and the CPU temperature dropped by ten degrees!

Download the free Speedfan utility and it will tell you the temperature at which your CPU and hard drives are running.
speedfan.jpg

If you determine that overheating is not the problem, the most likely suspect is bad memory. Trying to access a bad spot in your system memory (RAM) can cause the computer to freak out and restart. The best way to find the culprit is to pop open the system unit, remove (or replace) one RAM stick and see if the problem is solved. Run your system for a while and if the problem goes away, you win! If not... lather, rinse and repeat for each RAM stick until you find the one that's misbehaving.