Shared DLL Entries Cannot Be Marked to Ignore

my2cents

I.e.: Do you exclude those items, close WRC, open WRC another time, make a new scan and those ones reappear?

Or do you make a new scan on the same session?

In the first case, close WRC and check inside WRC folder if it creates an exclusion.dat file (you can open it with notepad and see what values have been added inside it).

If you notice that the file already exists, check if the new values have been added after WRC closure.

In the second case, check if those values have been added inside settings --> exclusion.

Hi xilolee,

Yes, they are on the list and are being ignored as exceptions. Moreover, they are the only exceptions (on a long list) that are being ignored. They have been there for quite some time but the issue remains. Thanks for your suggestion. Hoping support will look into this and respond as well.

b4si.png

Here are those entries on the exclusion list:

9wnq.jpg

Thanks,

my2cents

Hi my2cents! ^_^

The first posted image shows ShareDlls, the second one shows ShareDll (only).

Since that key should not exist, I think, maybe there could be an error in the function that copies that string (but this could be checked only by WRC developers).

I believe you could substitute all those lines with just one:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls\C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\*

;) 

hello again xilolee,

Great observation and I was just getting ready to update this thread when I noticed your last response. Thanks for that. So, I have no doubt in my mind that this issue was somehow caused by WRC itself. Let me explain a bit further. I have been using WRC on Win 8.0,, Win 8.1 Preview, Win 8.1 RTM, and now Win 8.1 RTM (fully authenticated). And, all, I repeat ALL have been clean installs of the operating system. Now, I just did a clean install of the last OS about one week ago and, sure enough, this issue popped up again. However, since xilolee stirred up my interest a bit, I decided to investigate further and here's what I found:

So, as xilolee correctly identified the discrepancies between the two views above, I found that the "reported entries" were actually entries created by WRC and placed in the "actual registry" under the WRC folder itself. So, in essence it some how generated those entries and then discovered them on all subsequent scans and incorrectly placed the wrong pathname in its own exclusion list.

The fix for me was to go in and actually delete those invalid WRC entries in the actual registry and they were never recreated again.

In summary, I have no idea how this got hosed up but history has repeated itself throughout 4 different clean installs so I will leave this in the hands of others to figure out why. Also, thank you to xilolee for the suggestions and interest but I am personally done with this issue as I now see what is happening and I now know how to manually fix the invalid entries that were created by WRC (and then subsequently mis-identified in the exception list). Please understand that I appreciate the guidance but I can no longer work on this issue because it is no longer an issue for me.

Thanks,

my2cents

Hi my2cents and all!

I have just updated Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 and I have got entries similar to yours.

Suggestion: Maybe another useful feature to add to WRC could be the possibility to select/tick more entries with ctrl+click and shift+click for the use of the ignore function inside the context menu.

Or does it exist already a method to tick more options togheter?