WiseFolderHider feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

Ralf

Hi

I use an online translator and possibly not I have explained well my problem.

I try again.

It is very easy to change the password.

Anyone who has access to my computer (at work, loss, theft, etc) could do it. 

He only has to click on "I don't remember" and he can already put another password.

To avoid such a scenario would suggest that the WHF user can choose between putting a password that does not forget or have another password to protect the "I don't remember".

Or any other system that prevents ease of password change

Hi,

Do you means to click "Forgot password" button?

If you are using Free version, when you click "Forgot password" button, it will open a web page to teach you how to get password back. BUT, won't let you to change password directly.

If you are using Pro version, when you click "Forgot password" button, wisecleaner server will send a email to your registered mailbox to teach you how to change the password.

So, I don't think it is easy to change a password without login, unless other people can access your mailbox easily.

wfh.png

HI

This is the problem that I see.

I am using Pro version and I recognize that I'm talking about a very special situation, but if for some strange reason someone has access to my computer, it has also access to my email.

Because on my computer I don't login to open my mail. Should I do login everytime I open my mail?

Imho, if you share your machine with other people, yes.

A workaround could be to use a password manager like StickyPassword (as an example).

It stores your passwords (on your machine or in the cloud or both), then it enters your passwords when needed.

You can also tell it to block itself when you move away from your pc.

You need to remember just one password (the masterpassword) to open the program. 

You mustn't forget the masterpassword, otherwise you'll lose all your passwords.

Hi again

Hi again

Do not share my pc and my passwords keep them in eWallet.
But, for example, a day the PC does not start and took it to the technical service... or someone steals my ... or I lose it.

And I am still asking:
Why can the technician change my password so easily?
Or the thief
Or he has found it

I think it's a choice dangerous for not trying to verify the identity of the user

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I believe Wise Folder Hider has a memory leak (the WiseFs64.sys driver)!

See the very end of this post on SuperUser.com: https://superuser.com/a/949246.

I have also experienced this issue personally, when Wise Folder Hider was installed my 16GB RAM was ~80% full at boot (Paged Pool of ~10GB).

Indeed, as described in the post, uninstalling Wise Folder Hider returned my RAM use to normal (~15% at boot).

I think this is a major bug.

Hope you can fix this, as I otherwise really like the product!

However, I don't think I'll be using it until this is resolved.

Regards,

SHU93129

Hi SHU93129,

Thanks for your feedback.

But, this topic was created in 2 years ago, related on Wise Folder Hider v3.

Now, the latest version of Wise Folder Hider is 4.22, it doesn't have memory leak issue.

We did a test, followed the steps, didn't find any memory leak related on Wise Folder Hider v4.

You can test it by yourself.

Hi,

Yes, it appears you're right!

I have installed v4.22 and the memory leak doesn't seem to be happening.

Either I somehow managed to accidentally install an old version before, or some very specific circumstances happened in my case to lead to the problem.

Regardless, it's working well now, if the issue recurs on my machine I will let you know.

Thanks for the quick reply!

SHU93129

Hi,

Yes, it appears you're right!

I have installed v4.22 and the memory leak doesn't seem to be happening.

Either I somehow managed to accidentally install an old version before, or some very specific circumstances happened in my case to lead to the problem.

Regardless, it's working well now, if the issue recurs on my machine I will let you know.

Thanks for the quick reply!

SHU93129

Thanks for your confirmation.

If you find any problem about it, please feel free to contact us.

• 5 months later...
  • xilolee pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Diafanos said:

I make reset my windows 10 and the wise folder hider program deleted I choose to keep my pc files as an option 

now I loose all the hide files that I has??

Hi,

Please read this page carefully, Refresh, Reset or Restore your PC

Sorry, I can't help you to recover lost files, you can try Wise Data Recovery, or other data recovery products.

• 3 months later...

Hi

the wise folder hider app s excellent....with the folder always hidden, no one knows it’s thete.......but seeing a shortcut for your program in the taskbar and or desktop gives away the secret.

could you find a way of making the app also invisible, activated by a shortcut key......

if the shortcut key was lost, then the app could simply be uninstalled and reinstalled....

think as an OPTION this would be a great feature.

thanks

• 6 months later...

Hello,

Your problem is that you hide the USB device before, but now Wise Folder Hider doesn't recognize it on the new PC.
Have you tried it on the old PC? If it doesn't work, please try:
1, Download and run this tool: 
http://www.wisecleaner.com/tools/DelFHPath.zip
2, Expand the USB drive, then you will see a special folder named '....'
3, Continue expanding until you see hidden files
4, Right-click on the hidden file and choose Move to, then save the file on a new location. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...