WiseFolderHider feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

Ralf

Wise Folder Hider:

If there is anything (file/folder/usb) in the hider, it is still possible that some other user may uninstall or remove the program.

Hence, if anything is in the hider, the hider should not be allowed to be un-installed or deleted. If such attempt is made, it should give message that the system cannot remove the program.

Or anything that would protect the hidden items.

Wise Folder Hider 

Its a very useful tool. Simple and easy and light weight tool.

Please advise how to change the password?

Once password is set, i'm unable to change it for a system even after uninstalling and reinstalling it

Is there is any possibility to change the password? Please advise.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello and thanks for listening to my request. I hide and unhide several folders each day and it seem each time I unhide hidden folder it disappears from the list, so if I want to hide it again I have to browse for folders again!! Could you make it so that once you put a folder on the list it will stay there for me  to hide or unhide until I delete it from the list?  After  using an undeleted folder, it would be nice to just go back into WFH , select the folder or file from the list and hide it again without having to browse for it, just a suggestion,  Thank You  ,  johnny1

Hi Johnny1,

Actually, I understand your idea. I'm not sure whether most people want this feature. But I will send it to our team, if they think it is a nice idea, they will add it in next version.

Thank you very much!

I would also like this feature as well. It would be nice to add folders that I want to hide or unhide in the list, but not disappear after I select unhide. Maybe add a delete button next to the hide/unhide dropdown. Also if I unhide a folder and close the application, I would like the folder to stay unhidden, until I open the app again to hide it.

Great little app, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Rod B,

Thanks.

The Lock means whether you have set up second password for this file/folder.

What is the perfect hidden tool in your mind? Can't see by any other programs? It is impossible.

Wise Folder Hider Free, is a free tool, just provide a simple way to hide file/folder, normally most people can't find the hidden file/folder, even if the Folder Option - Show hidden files, folders, and drives is selected. But, some advanced users can see the hidden file via special tool.

We have Wise Folder Hider Pro, it provides higher security, a hidden file even if be seen via a tool, but it can't be opened without your permission..

I have a folder on a USB drive that I keep hidden. Today, I needed to access it to move some new files into it, but when I tried to hide it again, I received an error screen that simply said:

​"Cannot Hide Folder. Error message:"

Weirdly, there was nothing after 'Error message.' Thanks for any help.

Robert

I have a folder on a USB drive that I keep hidden. Today, I needed to access it to move some new files into it, but when I tried to hide it again, I received an error screen that simply said:

​"Cannot Hide Folder. Error message:"

Weirdly, there was nothing after 'Error message.' Thanks for any help.

Robert

Hey,

Please check if a file is in use.

Before you hide a folder, you should ensure all files in that folder are not in use.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...