WiseFolderHider feature requests, bug reports, updated translations

Ralf

• 3 months later...

Hello and thanks for listening to my request. I hide and unhide several folders each day and it seem each time I unhide hidden folder it disappears from the list, so if I want to hide it again I have to browse for folders again!! Could you make it so that once you put a folder on the list it will stay there for me  to hide or unhide until I delete it from the list?  After  using an undeleted folder, it would be nice to just go back into WFH , select the folder or file from the list and hide it again without having to browse for it, just a suggestion,  Thank You  ,  johnny1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to make it so that I can launch the portable version without having administrator rights and show a folder?  That way I could hide a folder on my USB drive using my personal computer (where I'm an Admin) and then make it visible on any machine with only my password and not having to be an admin.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My suggestion is to add on option to minimize the program to the system tray.

Sometimes there is a need to leave a folder open for few minutes or hours, but there's a chance someone will pass when I'm gone and see it.

By hiding the Folder Hider to the system tray, it drags less attention, I think..

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

I would like to be able to remove the right click menu feature. Users of hide folder programs might want to be able to use it as "stealth" as possible. Without the right click possibility it is not that obvious that someone have hidden files/folders on the computer.

• 2 months later...
johnny1 is right:

It is not so straight-forward how to hide a folder again, once it is unhidden.

There is already a small menu next to the folder's name. It includes unhide, but no Hide options. I suggest you could include the Hide option right there.

The benefit of a nice app like this is, among others, to very easily and quickly hide all the things we want. We usually want something to be "open" only for the time that we use it. Then we close it.

As johnny1 mentioned, it is not so easy to find how to hide a folder again. Closing the app is OK :-) but not quite logical that I have to shut down a complete program if I want the program to do something.

A better solution were, I think, to make it a bit easier and include a Hide (again) option somewhere for any enlisted folders. Maybe in the already existing drop-down.

Thank you!

Greg

2 requests,

1) When hiding folder/s, the folders are 'hidden' as they should be, why not automatically 'return' the folders when 'Unhide' is esecuted. I need to use the 'refresh comand' to make the folders visible again, else they remain hidden.

2) There are the double protection by locking the hidden folders as well, why not the facility to only 'lock' a file or folder, but NOT hide it as an option since it is already programed to do so, the product would be more apealing and useful.

Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

I got the Pro version on Bits du Jour several weeks ago, and it worked fine since installing--until today, when the folder I had hidden was no longer listed in the program and was unhidden. When attempting to re-hide the folder I get the error box that states: "Can't hide the folder. Error Message:" and there is no error message given. Nothing has changed about the folder or its attributes.

• 3 weeks later...