Meet our new product - Wise Anti Malware (beta)

wisecleaner_admin

Dear users,

We have just released a new product: Wise Anti Malware Beta.

This new product can help you defense against Virus, Malware, Adware, Ransomware, Phishing, Spyware and unwanted programs (PUP/PUA).

The most important is Wise Anti Malware Perfect compatible with Windows 10 Defender.

Please download Wise Anti Malware to try!

Please note,

The installer doesn't include virus database, after you finish installation, the Malware Cleaner is not activated. Please close it and wait a moment, the Tray will download virus database in background. The download time depends on your internet speed, normally it less than 30 minutes.

wam-100.png

However, there is still space for improvement for this beta version, please leave a comment or write down the bugs you found below.

We would really appreciate that. Thank you!

WiseCleaner Team

Release Logs:

v2.11

Date: 05-21-2018

Release official version.

-------------------------------------

v1.28

Date: 04-23-2018

New changes:

+ Improved update service.

+ Improved ad cleaner.

v1.25

Date: 03-20-2018

New changes:

+ Fixed the bug "Engine failed to start "

v1.24

Date: 03-16-2018

New changes:

+ Improved virus engine.

+ Fixed minor bugs.

v1.23

Date: 03-13-2018

New changes:

+ Improved virus engine initialization process.

+ Minor GUI improvements.

--------------------------------------

v1.22

Date: 03-06-2018

New changes:

+ Improved virus engine installation.

+ Reduced memory usage.

+ Added 6 languages, Dutch, German, Hungarian, Korean, Russian and Ukrainian.

--------------------------------------

v1.21

Date: 02-28-2018

New changes:

+ Fix the bug of high memory usage.

+ Improved Quarantine function.

---------------------------------------

v 1.17  

Date: 02-26-2018
New changes:
+ Improved real-time protection
+ Fix minor bugs of System Cleaner
+ Minor GUI improvements.
+ Updated language.

I just tried Wise Anti-Malware.  I started off with the quick check, and it SKIPPED the Malware Detection part.  So after that was done, I went directly to the MALWARE SCANNER tab, and it says UNAVAILABLE.  So why advertising this program as an anti-malware product if it is not available?

I want to get an idea of what category of app this is.

Is this supposed to be sort of like a standalone anti-virus like say - avast?  Or can it supposedly be used alongside of avast or any Anti-Virus?

Or is it more of something like Malwarebytes' MB3 that IS promoted / touted as a standalone all inclusive anti-malware product whereby you supposedly do NOT need an anti-virus?

Or is it more of something like Malwarebytes' AdwCleaner and JRT (Junk Removal Tool) whereby you would still need an anti-virus?

Is it a real time app or just on demand?

Is it an app that will get DAILY virus definitions updates ... or more something like Malwarebytes' MB3 whereby there are only PERIODIC virus definitions updates?

Does it work with ALL versions of Windows ... like including Windows XP?

Right Click Context Menu Option: Installed WAM on 2 Win10 x64 laptops and a Win10 32 bit tablet. Finding my way with the program.

What I miss is a right click context menu option (Windows Explorer) to scan individual files and folders on malware.

Auto Load WAN on Windows Startup: Is there a reason why there is no option in program settings to enable auto start WAM on Windows startup?

Huge Program of 470Mb: WAM is a huge program which takes about 450MB disk space. Map SavEngine takes up about 440MB.

Internet Web Protection: I really like the program, like all Wise products. Simple and straightforward without bells and whistles. Some others programs makers make it all too complex.

In realtime protection I miss the protection against 'malware' web sites.

High RAM Usage: Sometimes the program uses very high internal RAM memory, up to 500Mb.

Auto Load WAN on Windows Startup: Is there a reason why there is no option in program settings to enable auto start WAM on Windows startup?

I have added a shortcut of WiseAntiTray.exe program to the folder AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\.

Would this be ok for the time being to Windows auto start Wise Anti Malware? WiseAntiTray icon shows up in the System Tray, Wise Anti Malware main screen cannot be opened however by right click, but at least WiseAntiTray should be active. Wise Anti Malware main screen can be opened in a normal way by starting the program.

I have not added a shortcut of the WiseAntiMalware.exe program to the Startup folder, because I would expect that the main screen would then be opened which is not recommended. But I can give it a try.

Please advise.

Huge Program of 470Mb: WAM is a huge program which takes about 450MB disk space. Map SavEngine takes up about 440MB.

High RAM Usage: Sometimes the program uses very high internal RAM memory, up to 500Mb.

Ohhh, so let me see if I understand correctly.  Combined with what WiseCleaner Admin said in comment #6 ... the 7.25 Meg download file size over at the Download Center is NOT the actual entirety of the app?  It's just a stub installer?  If so ... Wooooooo!  I wouldn't be able to download that with my Dial Up Internet.  I'd have to wait until I have access to the High Speed Internet of one of my siblings, which I do periodically.

Ohhh, so let me see if I understand correctly.  Combined with what WiseCleaner Admin said in comment #6 ... the 7.25 Meg download file size over at the Download Center is NOT the actual entirety of the app?  It's just a stub installer?  If so ... Wooooooo!  I wouldn't be able to download that with my Dial Up Internet.  I'd have to wait until I have access to the High Speed Internet of one of my siblings, which I do periodically.

Installer is 7.25 Mb in size. Installed program Wise Anti Malware is 462 Mb in size, of which subfolder SavEngine is 442 Mb. Possibly the additional downloaded virus dbase is the cause of this large size. Not a too big deal if you have ample storage space.

I have added a shortcut of WiseAntiTray.exe program to the folder AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\.

Would this be ok for the time being to Windows auto start Wise Anti Malware? WiseAntiTray icon shows up in the System Tray, Wise Anti Malware main screen cannot be opened however by right click, but at least WiseAntiTray should be active. Wise Anti Malware main screen can be opened in a normal way by starting the program.

I have not added a shortcut of the WiseAntiMalware.exe program to the Startup folder, because I would expect that the main screen would then be opened which is not recommended. But I can give it a try.

Please advise.

Installed WAM on Win10 32 bit tablet and after restart WAM icon appeared in system tray. Apparently WAM is auto loaded in background by default. Moving pointer over icon showed message that engine was loading. Checking running processes and WiseAntiTray.exe was running. Right click and WAM main screen opened.

On two Win10 x64 laptops WAM was not loaded by default. Checking running processes and WiseAntiTray was not visible.

Added shortcut WiseAntiTray.exe (WAT) to auto startup folder and rebooted. WAT icon appeared in system tray, but no message that engine was loading. WAM main screen could not be opened by right click.

​Replaced shortcut WiseAntiTray.exe by shortcut WiseAntiMalware.exe and rebooted. WAM icon appeared in system tray and WAM program main screen started. Message of icon that engine was loading. Closing main screen and icon remains visible. All working ok

​Why WAM is not loaded on the two laptops by default is not clear to me.

​Happy with the work around for the time being, but Wise to advise.

Note for Administrator:

​May be these individual topics should be moved to seperate entries/ threads.

Note for Administrator: ​May be these individual topics should be moved to seperate entries/threads.

I merged all threads in this main thread because this program is still in a beta stage.

I.e., all suggestions, improvements and so forth, imho, should be in one topic.

Specific problems could be discussed separately, once the program will be released officially.

System Cleaner.

Is there a specific reason why clean up of Windows Update Installation and temp files is not included. Up to now I use the Windows Clean Mgr program to get rid of these files, which can take up a huge amount of disk space. Not a big deal to use both Win Clean Mgr and System Cleaner, but it would make sense to have this option also included in System Cleaner.

ALERT?

Received 12 notification emails from Cryptoruh/ WiseCleaner Community Forums of a reply in Wise Anti Malware forum.

Emails are all in Russian (?) language which I cannot read. No reply found in this forum. In te emails are diiferent links to web sites.

Phishing/ Fake emails?

Yes, Zoeff50 ... those are SPAM.  Unfortunately you'll see them a lot here.  Just like if you check your Notifications, there'll be a gazillion LIKES ... many of them even being on way old comments / threads that don't even have any business being LIKED anymore.  I just delete all those e-mails of that type and all those likes.

If you notice, all those LIKES will be from usernames who don't even participate in the actual technical commentary in the threads.

I Found as of today 1.1.6.22 and when asked to send a error report if failed have checked firewall and all is good for it to be send from my side. also I found malware scanner to be unavailable  for some odd reason till i clicked on quarantine  then came available this is before running any type of scan.

Runs fine on my pc without any slow down while scanning

Specs :

Windows 10 pro x64

version 1709

Os build  16299.125

8gb ram

1tb Sata hard drive

Processor Amd A8 -6410

If any more information is needed or some testing needs done feel free to let me know and iI will be willing to do all I can to help

Program in use for almost a week on 2 laptops and 1 tablet. Cannot say how good the malware scanner is, no malware found sofar. Malwarebytes Anti malware did not find any malware also. Real time protection seems to work ok. Installed updates of user programs and WAM gave a warning of system changes; allow or block. Still sometimes very high RAM usage when WAM main window is opened. Very low system resources used when WAM main window is closed whilst Anti Tray remains active in system tray. I have 2 user accounts on the laptops. When swapping user account I noticed high hard disk activity for 30-60 sec, whilst system not responsive. Task Mgr showed WAM cause of this high disk I/O.

Happy with the program sofar. Still missing right click option to scan individual files and folders.