1-Click icon does nothing

KNRover

Although I've had Wise Registry Cleaner on my computer for about 3 years, I never noticed the "1-click" icon setting. It is supposed to allow you to click it and WRC runs in the background. Only one problem: It doesn't work. Reason I know it isn't working is because after clicking it (and tried double-clicking it, too), I open WRC and run a deep scan. That scan finds lots of safe-go-delete items, which it shouldn't because the 1-click should have already cleaned them out.

I have the latest version (9.4.7.619). Is this a bug?

Hi KNRover. :)

Bug confirmed.
It worked only after I modified the shortcut:

• In the link tab, destination, I have added the -safe parameter: "MyPath\Wise Registry Cleaner 9\WiseRegCleaner.exe" -a -safe
  • In the compatibility tab, I ticked run as administrator.

I tried also the other two possible combinations: -a and -a -all.
They didn't work.
I'm not sure what should do the -a parameter alone.

It also seems WRC:

• doesn't create a backup of the deleted entries
  • doesn't check exclusions

Wise Disk Cleaner 1-click instead works, but it doesn't query/use the usercustom.ini.

I'd modify WRC parameters and their behavior:
  • -a should be removed.
  • -all should be removed
  • -safe: WRC will scan the sections specified by the user, then it will delete only safe entries.
  • -advanced: WRC will scan the sections specified by the user, then it will delete all entries (safe and not safe).
  • -allsafe: WRC will scan all sections, then it will delete only safe entries.
  • -alladvanced: WRC will scan all sections, then it will delete all entries (safe and not safe).

After that, the one-click icon should be set with the -safe parameter (and run as administrator).