Problem with the Forums' Functionality?

I don't know if it's just on my side, but I've been noticing some problems with the functionality of the forums.

(1) If I try to post a reply in a thread via the "Reply to this topic" box at the bottom of the thread ... nothing happens. The reply doesn't remotely attempt to get posted. I end up having to use the Black "Reply to this topic" BUTTON at the upper right of the page.

(2) The next issue: Well, I was planning on attaching a screen capture image to show the problem that I'm encountering, but the problem is that I'm not being allowed to attach an image because the problem IS right at that area. So, I'll try to explain the problem.

Right there at the "Attach Files" area at the bottom left of the reply box ... where the "Choose Files" BUTTON is --- some other text that appears to read "uldn't load plug" is being superimposed on the Choose Files BUTTON. This is rendering the Choose Files BUTTON non-functional.

In case it helps zero in on the problem --- I am using Windows XP Pro SP3. I am using the latest version of avast Free Anti-Virus. I am using NetZero Dial Up Internet.

Ooooooo!  Heyyy!  BAMM!  Bingo!  Good call, Xilolee.  B)

That was the problem.  I am now typing this reply from my secondary / backup browser --- Opera 36.0.2130.65 and the problems have been neutralized.  :D Cuz actually, there was even a third issue I hadn't even mentioned, but it's now been fixed as well with the use of Opera.  That third symptom was that the Attributes Bar wouldn't even display.  :o So when you mentioned trying that button above the BOLD button, I immediately went, "What BOLD button?  I can't even get the Attributes Bar to display anymore."

Anyway, my normal browser is Maxthon Cloud 4.9.4.2000.  That is the browser with which I was getting those 3 problems. :wacko: It's possible that the culprit is THAT specific version of Maxthon, its latest.  I say this because I know I didn't used to experience those problems before and that's probably because before, I used to use the 4.9.3.1000 version of Maxthon Cloud.

A bit later and into the evening, let me experiment by going back to that 4.9.3.1000 version of Maxthon and see if that fixes the problems Maxthon wise.  If that gets things working back to normal, I guess I'll then go to the Maxthon forums and inform them of the incompatibility issues or just plain ole BUG.

I'll let you know the verdict sometime later, Xilolee.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I have now gone back down and installed Maxthon Cloud 4.9.3.1000.

The verdict?  It appears that that fixed the problems.  :)  So, I guess there IS some bug with the newer Maxthon version 4.9.4.2000 that is causing the problems in question.  Right now it's getting late.  I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post up the issue on the Maxthon forum.