Bug reports (Wise Registry Cleaner released version ONLY)

xilolee

Problems of the current release (9.34.605):

• Custom area: replace the scan button with the save button, to save the choices, because when I click the top-right X, the choices won't be saved.
    You fixed this problem in release 9.15, but it returned in the current stable release
    I don't know when this problem returned.
    I'd also prefer its previous location (bottom-left corner).
  • Auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column cursor) doesn't work.
    I can't remember if this worked in previous releases.
  • Tooltips don't work, when the "value name" and "key name" columns are "stretched" (i.e., always).
    They worked in previous releases.
    I don't know when this problem returned.
  • When I open WRC portable, %AppData%\Wise Euask folder is created (and it shouldn't create it, or at least it should create that folder inside WRC folder).
  • Some entries didn't show the description.
    I had got these three entries without a description (but probably I deleted them, because now I don't get them any more):
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C79BA6D1-F7B8-4b87-A405-ED9DE29A8B6D}\AppID=
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CEDCD345-8C2C-4928-B8C9-AE867372A7CF}\AppID=
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D1219BD5-B542-4ab7-82CB-C89DDA9F3768}\AppID=
  • The register window doesn't show all the strings (but the tooltips work, at least).
    "Contact us" isn't translatable.
    If possible, enlarge the entries.

immagine.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks xilolee,

• Custom area: replace the scan button with the save button, to save the choices, because when I click the top-right X, the choices won't be saved.

We define the X button as cancel. So, when you click X button to close window, it means you cancel changes.

• Auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column cursor) doesn't work.

I don't remember it has.

• When I open WRC portable, %AppData%\Wise Euask folder is created (and it shouldn't create it, or at least it should create that folder inside WRC folder).

The Wise Euask folder is used to store configuration file, if you install WRC and WDC, when you login euask via WRC, you also can via WDC to login euask and no need to enter user name and password.

We define the X button as cancel. So, when you click X button to close window, it means you cancel changes.

Then the program misses a save button.

If clicking on the "custom area" and then clicking "scan", saves the settings and contemporaneously starts a "fast scan", I don't get why there should be a "fast scan" button.

Instead, If clicking on the "custom area" and then clicking "scan", saves the settings and starts a "deep scan", I don't get why there should be a "deep scan" button.

Conclusion: you can remove the "custom area" button and can combine it with the "deep scan" button, calling it "advanced scan".

The "fast scan" button could be left like it is.

By the way, I still prefer the previous method (a special section to define the areas to scan, with a save button).

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Wise Registry Cleaner 11.0.2.712 bugs

1) Not working "send bug report" in MAD dialog: "Sorry, sending the bug report didn't work."

2) With russian languge (Russian.ini) System Tuneup crashing the application because of item "OptItems=%d элементов могут быть оптимизированы" in [Tuneup] section with the message "Argument out of range" in classic error hahdling routine (when MAD is off).

3) Adding exclusions in portable mode does not work. The exception file is not saved when the program is closed and disappears when the program is started, even if it is created manually. In the installed mode everything is fine.

WRC 11.02.712 portable version, same computer, all items, (fast, safe or deep???) scan.
Scan started 07:58:10 PM - 19:58.10 (CEST - Italian time)
Scan aborted 08:19:30 PM - 20:19:30 (it was checking empty keys)
21 minutes and 20 seconds (1280 seconds) and the scan didn't finish...

WRC 8.83.563 portable version, same computer, all items, deep scan.
Scan started 20:20:10
Scan finished 20:21:19
248 problems found in 69 seconds.

WRC user guide refers to wise registry cleaner X, where fast and deep scan are available.