Photo

Bug reports (Wise Registry Cleaner released version ONLY)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

Problems of the current release (9.34.605):

• Custom area: replace the scan button with the save button, to save the choices, because when I click the top-right X, the choices won't be saved.
    You fixed this problem in release 9.15, but it returned in the current stable release
    I don't know when this problem returned.
    I'd also prefer its previous location (bottom-left corner).
  • Auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column cursor) doesn't work.
    I can't remember if this worked in previous releases.
  • Tooltips don't work, when the "value name" and "key name" columns are "stretched" (i.e., always).
    They worked in previous releases.
    I don't know when this problem returned.
  • When I open WRC portable, %AppData%\Wise Euask folder is created (and it shouldn't create it, or at least it should create that folder inside WRC folder).
  • Some entries didn't show the description.
    I had got these three entries without a description (but probably I deleted them, because now I don't get them any more):
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{C79BA6D1-F7B8-4b87-A405-ED9DE29A8B6D}\AppID=
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{CEDCD345-8C2C-4928-B8C9-AE867372A7CF}\AppID=
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{D1219BD5-B542-4ab7-82CB-C89DDA9F3768}\AppID=
  • The register window doesn't show all the strings (but the tooltips work, at least).
    "Contact us" isn't translatable.
    If possible, enlarge the entries.
    Spoiler

• Intensedatt, AlisaBog, Lorrineet and 6 others like this
I am not a Wise employee, but an helper made moderator.

#2 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

They're still present in 9.35.

It seems you fixed the register window only, the last point of the list (but its title remained "register", i.e. there isn't a string to translate it).

#3 wisecleaner_admin

wisecleaner_admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,107 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:26 AM

Thanks xilolee,

• Custom area: replace the scan button with the save button, to save the choices, because when I click the top-right X, the choices won't be saved.

We define the X button as cancel. So, when you click X button to close window, it means you cancel changes.

• Auto-adjust columns (when double-clicking the column cursor) doesn't work.

I don't remember it has.

• When I open WRC portable, %AppData%\Wise Euask folder is created (and it shouldn't create it, or at least it should create that folder inside WRC folder).

The Wise Euask folder is used to store configuration file, if you install WRC and WDC, when you login euask via WRC, you also can via WDC to login euask and no need to enter user name and password.

We want to put smile on your face.   :)

Any feature questions and ideas, please feel free to contact us!

-----

News: Wise Driver Care (beta)

Download and update outdated Windows devices drivers!

-----

Best Regards,

WiseCleaner.com

Follow us on:

facebook.png  Twitter.png  g+32.png  YouTube_32x32.png  linkedin_32x32.png

#4 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

We define the X button as cancel. So, when you click X button to close window, it means you cancel changes.

Then the program misses a save button.
If clicking on the "custom area" and then clicking "scan", saves the settings and contemporaneously starts a "fast scan", I don't get why there should be a "fast scan" button.
Instead, If clicking on the "custom area" and then clicking "scan", saves the settings and starts a "deep scan", I don't get why there should be a "deep scan" button.
Conclusion: you can remove the "custom area" button and can combine it with the "deep scan" button, calling it "advanced scan".
The "fast scan" button could be left like it is.
By the way, I still prefer the previous method (a special section to define the areas to scan, with a save button).