Bug reports (Wise Disk Cleaner released version ONLY)

xilolee

PORTABLE version bugs, all MODEs:

• The "clean with 1-click" problem (wrong language and no tooltips) will appear when using the portable version.

It doesn't appear in the installed version.

• It seems the memory leak problem will appear when:

- using the portable version

- pagefile.sys is disabled

- every options is ticked

- usercustom.ini is used with a lot of customized rules... the more rules are present, the more the problem will be visible

It doesn't appear in the installed version.

• ButtonMinimize, ButtonMaximize, ButtonClose, ButtonRestore and probably also ButtonMenu aren't translated (the tooltip appears in English instead than in my language, I can't verify menu because it is menu also in Italian).

I don't know where I can check ButtonYes, ButtonNo and ButtonOK.

PORTABLE version bugs, CLEAR MODE:
  • The string "Cleanup your computer regularly." isn't present in the English.ini, hence it can't be translated in other languages.

The same is also valid for "Custom" - "Scan customized entries" and all strings in "Support center".

• When I select "Custom" only, WDC won't scan it.

This works as expected in classic mode.

• (After a scan) When changing language, strings remain with the previous language; when I hover the cursor over them, the language changes.
  • After a scan, "scan again" button will appear next to the clean button.

When I click it, I expect WDC to scan again... Instead it clears the screen and I must click the scan button.

This works as expected in classic mode.

• WDC_report function is broken: (after a scan) I can right-click everywhere but the EXPORT button won't appear.

In classic mode, I can right-click everywhere and the export button appears.

ALSO: if I click on a section, the create-report function will appear only if I click on a result, BUT the WDC_report will show results only for that section.

How can we save all results?

In classic mode, all results will appear in the report.

Hey xiolee,

Thanks. We have released v9.11, please try it. Some problems you mentioned have been fixed.

1, Translation of 'clean with 1-click' - I have confirmed it, we will fix it shortly.

2, Memory leak problem. - Fixed

3, Minimize, Maximize buttons translations - I don't find this problem in v9.11, maybe it has been fixed.

4, Missed strings

'Cleanup your computer regularly' - added in v9.11

'Scan customized entries' - add in next update.

'Support center' - The support center is not a local program, it is a webpage. So, it can't be translated to other language, only be English.

5, Only scan 'Custom' problem - It relates your custom Type, using your custom file as an example, you define the file Type as Trash, all customized clean items (the result) will be displayed in Trash.

[Root7]
Name=RicerchePersonali
Type=Trash
DefaultName=RicerchePersonali
Image=5

But, I will report it to the developer team.

6, (after a scan) changing language problem - It will be fixed in next update.

7, 'Scan again' feature - Thanks for your suggestion.

8, Export problem - I will report it, maybe it will be fixed in next update.

3, Minimize, Maximize buttons translations - I don't find this problem in v9.11, maybe it has been fixed.

5, Only scan 'Custom' problem - It relates your custom Type, using your custom file as an example, you define the file Type as Trash, all customized clean items (the result) will be displayed in Trash.

Video: http://speedy.sh/3qFxz/clip0001.7z (click slow download)

I'll re-check the other problems when the new update will come.

;)

Hey xiolee,

1, Minimize, Maximize, Close buttons translations

My developer colleague told me, these 3 buttons are using Windows system language, so, they can't change to another language.

If your OS is English, they will always be English.

The following entries still exist in the English.ini:

ButtonYes=Yes
ButtonNo=No
ButtonOK=Ok
ButtonMinimize=Minimize
ButtonMaximize=Maximize
ButtonClose=Close
ButtonRestore=Restore
ButtonMenu=Menu

What should be the purpose of ButtonMinimize? And ButtonMaximize? And ButtonClose? And ButtonRestore?

I don't have WDC8 but I still have WRC8 and those buttons are translated:

1z9awn.jpg

(By the way, I've now noticed this problem exists also in WRC9 BETA, i.e. the tooltips of those buttons are translated in WRC8 but are not translated in WRC9)

2, Only scan 'Custom' problem

I don't think that should work in that way: it is counter-intuitive.

Hey xiaolee,

1, In WDC 9 and WRC, we are using a new interface code - the Windows Standard Interface, it is difference with WRC 8 and WDC 8. So, the three buttons belong to Windows.

The language file, we are using WRC 8 and WDC 8, added some new entries, deleted some unused entries. We may missed the three buttons entries. We will delete them in next updates.

2, Yes, I understand. and I agree with you. The developer team are trying to improve it.

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said, I verified the new version.

The only problem still present appears after a scan: when changing language, strings remain with the previous language; when I hover the cursor over them, the language changes.

By the way, well done! ;)

I may suggest other improvements:

- in advanced cleaner, the last three columns don't work in the right way (enlarge/reduce column width).

- in slimming system, all columns are fixed... I'd prefer if the last column is a bit larger to be more descriptive with the suggestions (but better if they weren't fixed).

- when using the standard user, WDC will scan the administrator's folders and will save reports and clean-with-1-click in administrator's desktop, instead of scanning standard user's folders and save reports and clean-with-1-click in standard user's desktop.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello! In advance I apologize for my English! I am Russian and foreign languages, unfortunately, I know not really well. I use an online translator.

So... What I want to complain of. After updating 9.22.641 in the appendix languages and switching between them began to work badly. Russian, for example, though is in the list supported, but doesn't work in general. I didn't check others... Switching between languages rebates. For the sake of the test I have translated the program into Arab, with huge work I have returned then into English. Reset of the program didn't help.

Hi PsiH86.

Uhm. I'm not sure I understood your problem.

You can find Arabic.ini, English.ini and Russian.ini in WDC portable version, they already exist.

Maybe they should be updated, because WiseCleaner team did a major update of the program, hence some new entries was added and old entries was deleted or renamed.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Advanced cleaner: I can normally resize "filename" and "size" columns, the other three columns have instead a strange behaviour.

Slimming system: The columns can't be resized at all. I'd prefer it would be possible.

Menu - languages: the string "translate to" doesn't appear (until I change the language, then it appears), but it is clickable.

Portable version creates these files in %AppData%\Wise Disk Cleaner: UpdateInfo folder, and updates (newsletter) files in it.

They should be inside the portable folder.

I just want to bring again to your attention the old problem with the slimming system function on windows 7 OSs.

When using the slimming system, some files will be marked as missing/deleted/corrupt by MS SFC tool (sfc /scannow).

Hence the guys that help to fix SFC problems will put a bad reputation on your programs (all of your programs, the entire company).

Given that I think that's not fair, I suggest you to fix that problem...

Topics that show the bug:

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/3090-wdc-affecting-sfc-scannow-results/

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/4561-system-slimming/?hl=%2Bwindows+%2Bslimming+%2Bsystem

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Common cleaner:

- scroll bar doesn't work as expected

- custom searches names are NOT visible.

Advanced cleaner:

- When I change the language, the language isn't changed under the type column.

- Fourth and fifth columns show an incorrect behaviour in their resizing (like it was in previous version).

- advanced settings are not saved when I change the language; steps to reproduce it: change the options, click ok, click scan, (re-check the advanced settings), change the language and the advanced settings (I've chosen a minute ago) disappeared.

Slimming system: Second, third and fourth columns show an incorrect behaviour in their resizing.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, xilolee said:

Common cleaner:

- scroll bar doesn't work as expected

- custom searches names are NOT visible.

Advanced cleaner:

- When I change the language, the language isn't changed under the type column.

- Fourth and fifth columns show an incorrect behaviour in their resizing (like it was in previous version).

- advanced settings are not saved when I change the language; steps to reproduce it: change the options, click ok, click scan, (re-check the advanced settings), change the language and the advanced settings (I've chosen a minute ago) disappeared.

Slimming system: Second, third and fourth columns show an incorrect behaviour in their resizing.

Using version 10.1.3.759 (portable): custom searches problem fixed; the other problems are the same.