How to insure that external usb drive(s) folders remain hidden and linked to wfh.

tsoilihoi

I set up two external usb drives with folder hider. Both are off a lot of the time or disconnected.  At some point, one or both of the devices no longer showed in the folder hider list.

I generally close it down by clicking the X in folder hider's workspace and the drives return to hidden.  The problem seemed to be caused when working with one drive (and not the other) and shutting down.

I am not sure why the program would not recognize the drive(s) it is registered to.  Is something written to the external drives linking it back to the program?

So I set them up with a secondary password.

I am trying to insure that the drives stay linked and that their content stays hidden when disconnected, so I created secondary passwords hoping that

this will be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Shortly after posting, another version came out.  Where before, there was no indication of anything hidden or other wise written to the drive

by the program, the latest build created a folder with triangle ascii symbols as its title and a few wise related sub-folders.  These folders were

hidden but visible to a file manager capable of seeing them.  The deepest folder was the hidden content.  So i gave up on the program.

Okay, understood.

As I know, if you want to hide a file/folder that any other program can't find it, it is impossible, except you change the file/folder name, or the file/folder doesn't exist. a kind of program which can read Windows File Allocation Table, it display all files/folders.
Wise Folder Hider Free is a Free product, it offers a simple and easy way to hide file/folder, some special program can find the hidden file/folder. But, Wise Folder Hider Pro, it is strong than Free version, even if a program find the hidden file/folder, it can't open/edit the file/folder.