Photo

Wise Disk Cleaner 9 beta is released

Major Update wise disk cleaner free disk cleaner free up disk space disk cleanup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#21 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:29 PM

Two other problems:
1) When WDC is scanning, there is written Scaning (it miss an N).
2) The RAM is filled constantly during a scan (memory is not released: memory leak?).
More scans bring to a completely filled RAM.
The problem is more visible when the pagefile.sys is disabled and when a usercustom.ini has been set by the user (me, in this case).
In this last case, the system starts complaining for the memory and, if I won't immediately close the program, windows will become unstable:
Source: Resource-Exhaustion-Detector
event id: 2004
Task Category: Resource Exhaustion Diagnosis Events
Keywords: Events related to exhaustion of system commit limit (virtual memory).
Sample text: "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: WiseCare365.exe (4736) consumed 275877888 bytes, MsMpEng.exe [...]"

The same happens also with WDC released version (i.e., non-beta) and WCare365 (beta and non-beta).

Tested on windows 10 home x64, pagefile.sys enabled, DEP optin, hibernation enabled, UAC at minimum level (not disabled).

And also with my normal configuration (pagefile.sys disabled, hibernation disabled, dep alwayson, uac at highest level).

• seanip18 and pherhealf like this
I am not a Wise employee, but an helper made moderator.

#22 wisecleaner_admin

wisecleaner_admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:17 AM

New problems (in clear mode):
1) custom - scan customized entries
The entries won't appear after the scan, but in the report they are present (and I think they would be deleted, if I clicked on clean).
2) when changing language, strings remain with the previous language; when I hover the cursor over them, the language changes.

Old problems still present:

Thanks,xiolee

1, We changed something in v9, if you want WDC9 display the customized entries in Custom area, you need to modify the configuration file.

Type=Custom

2, The incorrect spelling words, we will fix it in next version.

3, The duplicate entries, we will fix it.

4,'Clean with 1-click', do you means here? (see attached screenshot)

Attached File  clean-1-click.png   12.08K   2 downloads   Attached File  twitter.png   7.13K   3 downloads

5, 'Scan Again', I will send it to the developer team.

6, In Clean Mode, if you want to export the result, you should select at least one item, then Right-click and export. I will send your suggestion to the developer team. Maybe they can improve it.

7, The report error, we will fix it. 

8, Memory leak problem.

Sorry, we don't occur this problem. How is your virtual memory (page file size)?

We want to put smile on your face.   :)

Any feature questions and ideas, please feel free to contact us!

-----

News: Wise Driver Care (official)

Download and update outdated Windows devices drivers!

-----

Best Regards,

WiseCleaner.com

Follow us on:

facebook.png  Twitter.png  g+32.png  YouTube_32x32.png  linkedin_32x32.png

#23 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:50 PM

4,'Clean with 1-click', do you means here? (see attached screenshot)
attachicon.gifclean-1-click.png attachicon.giftwitter.png

I mean when I click it, i.e. when I use the one-click function, those problems appears in the one-click window.

8, Memory leak problem.
    Sorry, we don't occur this problem. How is your virtual memory (page file size)?

When the pagefile is present the problem doesn't appear, but I see RAM between 90% and 95%.
When it is not present (No paging file), the problem will appear after x (10?) scans... When there is a usercustom.ini set by the user, the problem could appear also after only a scan (it depends on how many custom searches are set in the usercustom.ini; with mine, it appears after two scans).

#24 wisecleaner_admin

wisecleaner_admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 06:55 AM

Hey xiolee,

Thanks.

4, "Clean with 1-click", do you means here?

Attached File  1-click.png   6.67K   2 downloads

8, Memory leak problem.

My OS info: Windows 10 Pro v1511, build 10586.71, CPU x4 640 2.69GHz, RAM 8GB

I also set up a UserCustom.ini file, the size is 130KB

Then, I use WDC 9 to scan more than 10 times, but the memory usage has no changes. You can check the video. If you can, please send your usercustom.ini to me, I will test it again. Thanks.

-----

-----

Best Regards,

WiseCleaner.com

Follow us on:

#25 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:34 PM

1) "Clean with 1-click", do you means here?
attachicon.gif1-click.png

2) Memory leak problem.
My OS info: Windows 10 Pro v1511, build 10586.71, CPU x4 640 2.69GHz, RAM 8GB
I also set up a UserCustom.ini file, the size is 130KB
Then, I use WDC 9 to scan more than 10 times, but the memory usage has no changes. You can check the video. If you can, please send your usercustom.ini to me, I will test it again. Thanks.

Win10 home x64 v1511, build 10586.104, English language (put as primary language, but the original is Italian), CPU intel pentium G645 2.90GHz, RAM 6GB (4+2 recently bought and added), UAC at its highest level, DEP AlwaysOn, pagefile.sys disabled/not present, hibernation disabled, custom scaling level 150% (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Display), custom scale factor 175% (Win8/10 new settings, system, display)

1) Yes, I do (it is still shown in English, even though I'm using the latest version 9.06.635 and I've created it with Italian language).

2) All items are selected/ticked in WDC9; UserCustom.ini:

Spoiler

Video: http://www.speedysha...-memory-leak.7z (click slow download)

#26 wisecleaner_admin

wisecleaner_admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hey xiolee,

Thanks.

1, "Clean with 1-click" language.

You can see my screenshot, it is Italian. Could you please uninstall then install the latest version?

2, Memory leak problem.

We checked your video and configuration file. We use your configuration file, WDC 9 worked well.

Please do the below tests:

1) download this file - WiseDiskCleaner and replace the old one , then scan system to check. (using your current configuration file)

After you download it, please rename it to WiseDiskCleaner.7z, then extract it, then rename the file to WiseDiskCleaner.exe

Attached File  WiseDiskCleaner.txt   2.29MB   2 downloads

2) Modify your configuration file (I have done it, please download it.)

Attached File  UserCustom.txt   6.91K   2 downloads

Scan your system, remember to record it, if you still get the same problem, send the video to us.

-----

-----

Best Regards,

WiseCleaner.com

Follow us on:

#27 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

Nothing changed with your special version.

1) I've seen it. I'm using the portable version and it is the last version 9.06.635.
When I change windows language preferences, "Clean with 1-click" shows its strings in Italian.
BUT if I change WiseDiskCleaner language from Italian to English, close it and I'll use "Clean with 1-click", the strings will remain in Italian, instead to be shown in English.
Hence WDC checks windows language preferences instead of its language preferences.
IMO, WDC should check its own language preferences (if I set WDC to italian, I want to see every functions in Italian... Without regard to windows language; if I set WDC to Aramaic, I want to see every functions in Aramaic ;)... Without regard to windows language).
2) Did you try without pagefile.sys?
I've seen how you changed the usercustom.ini: what's the problem in having all folders in one line?
I've checked your guide about it and there was a similar line.

#28 wisecleaner_admin

wisecleaner_admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hey xiolee,

I recorded a video, please check it. https://www.dropbox....test-2.wmv?dl=0

The changed usercustom.ini file was used to find the folder (directory) that WDC spend much more time and memory.

-----

-----

Best Regards,

WiseCleaner.com

Follow us on:

#29 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:47 PM

Ok, I've seen your video and I've tried the installed version.
I obtain your same results when I use the installed version, but I'm used to utilize the portable one (and used to uninstall the first).

The "clean with 1-click" problem (wrong language) will appear when using the portable version.

It seems the memory leak problem will appear when:
- using the portable version
- pagefile.sys is disabled
- every options is ticked
- usercustom.ini is used with a lot of customized rules... the more rules are present, the more the problem will be visible

I did my tries with UAC at its minimum level, DEP OptIn, hibernation (and fast startup) disabled, so those settings shouldn't be the problem because I usually have set UAC at its maximum level, DEP AlwaysOn and hibernation disabled, i.e. I tried both configurations.

I hope this helps you to fix those problems in Wise Disk Cleaner (and WiseCare365 should be fixed as a consequence)! ^_^

#30 xilolee

xilolee

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

Given that the beta period ended, I closed and UN-pinned this topic.

I opened a general topic for bug reports in released version(s).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Major Update, wise disk cleaner, free disk cleaner, free up disk space, disk cleanup