BUG in ShareDLLs - Missing shared dynamic-link libraries

xilolee

Hi.

When WRC finds a value in this section, it removes ALL the values in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls (if the missing value is in this key)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDlls (if the missing value is in this key)

It should remove only the found value/s (or not?).

This behaviour is also present in WiseCare365.

Video: WRC-SharedDLLs.HEVC.zip (It should be unzipped and it can be viewed with VLC x64 2.2.1)

In this area, WRC removes more items than necessary.

Originally, WRC found 83 items, but it removed everything.

I shortened the example a bit with only two items, but the result is the same of the 83 items (after the cleaning):

WRC_Report.txt

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store\C:\Users\XILOLEE\Desktop\prova.bat ?? : File (Folder) does not exist.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store\D:\Applicazioni\notepad++ 6.7.2 portable\notepad++.exe ?? : File (Folder) does not exist.

WRC Backup, after it has cleaned those two items: XILOLEE 27-09-2015 172538.zip

I can't understand why, but WiseCare365 finds less items than WRC, and it removes only the found items (like it should be).

Hey xilolee,

I think you misunderstand the backup file.

For example, WRC find 17 problems in this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Compatibility Assistant\Store, it will remove these 17 registry values, but WRC will back up the the whole registry key [store].

So, you will see the backup file contains more than 17 registry values, and some times the backup file contains two copies of the registry key. I don't why, the developer team doesn't explain it.

You can check the registry key after cleaning [store], whether WRC has removed all values.