Multiple User Problem on W7-SP1

Nesivos

It appears that when WC365 Pro is installed for multiple users on W7-SP1 it only starts and show up in Notification area of the Taskbar for the first user it was installed for.   Same with Wise Memory Optimizer.only showing up on desktop for the first user it was installed for.

Scenario

1. Installed WC365 Pro for user X

2. Icon showed up in notification area of Taskbar

3. Wise Memory Optimizer showed up on desktop

4. Restarted the computer

5. Logged in as user Y (the second user**)  

6. Installed WC365 Pro for user Y (the second user**)

7. Icon showed up in notification area of Taskbar

8. Wise Memory Optimizer showed up on desktop

9. Restarted the computer

10. Logged in as user Y (the second user**)

11. Icon did not show up in notication area of Taskbar

12. Wise Memory Optimizer did not show up on desktop

13. Right clicked on Taskbar, left clicked on Properties, left clicked on Customize.  Wise Care 365 Tray says "show icon and notification"  Hoever, the icon is not showing neither is the notification.. .

14. Checked WinPatrol Plus Services.  Wise Boot Assistant showed up the same as it does for first user

15. Clicked on WC365 Pro desktop shortcut, WC365 Pro opens, the icon showed up in notification area of Taskbar and Wise Memory Optimizer showed up on desktop

No different than above scenario for the second user if I do not install WC365 Pro for the second user.  

Tried a shutdown and cold boot.  No difference.

** Second user refers to the second user I installed WCPro 365 for.  In the above secnario I was never logged into more than one user at a time.

It appears that on Windows 7-SP1 startup the WC365 Pro icon and Wise Memory optimizer only show up in the notification area of the Taskbar and on the dsektop respectively for the first user WC365 Pro was installed for.  I would classify this as a bug.

Is there a workaround?   Thanks.

Situation

Same computer as above W7-SP1.   Initial user was a local account.   The second user is a Microsoft account that I have set up to prepare for the upgrade to W10 on July 29th.   I no longer have a need for the local account which was the account under which WC 365 Pro was activated.   I logged into the local account and uninstalled WC 365 Pro.  I deleted remaining folders and files.   I restarted the computer and logged in as the Microsoft account user.  I installed WC 365 thinking I would get the free version from where I could reactivate it to the Pro version.  However, after I installed WC 365 in my Microsoft user account I noticed it showed WC 365 Pro and not Free.   I restarted the computer and again WC 365 Pro and Wise Memory Optimizer did not automatically load.  I still have the same problem of having to manually load WC 365 Pro and Wise Memory Optimizer each time I reastart the computer.

My guess is I need to do a complete uninstall of WC 365 Pro so that when I resinstall it it installs as WC 365 Free.   Then I can activate WC 365 Pro when I am logged in as the Microsoft account user.   This will then allow WC 365 Pro and Wise Memory optimizer to automatically load and start when I log in as Microsoft account user.

Questions

1.  How do I do a complete uninstall of WC 365 Pro so that when I resintall it  logged in as the Microsoft account user it will reinstall as WC 365 Free from where I can then reactivate WC 365 Pro in while logged in as the Micosoft account user?

2. Will this then get WC 365 Pro and Wise Memory Optimizer to automatically load when I log in as the Microsoft account user which again is now the only account I am now using? 

Thanks.

Hey,

Windows 7 supports a Microsoft account? As far as I know, only Win 8/8.1/10 support a Microsoft account. So, I think your Microsoft account in Win 7 is a local account too.
I test it in Win 8.1 and Win 7, each system have two accounts (a Microsoft account and a local account, all accounts have administrator permission)

1, You don't need to re-activate wise care 365 even if you upgrade Win 7 to Win 10, except you format Win 7 system and install Win 10. If you want to remove the registration info, please mail to [email protected], my college can help you.

2, If wise care 365 and wise memory optimizer cannot auto run when you log in, please follow the below steps,

1) open Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library

2) find tasks Wise Care 365, Wise Turbo Checker and Wise Memory Optimizer Task, delete them

post-45-0-64906100-1433840176_thumb.png

3) open Wise Care 365 -> Custom -> Settings, check all system options whether have been ticked, then click OK to save.

post-45-0-22108000-1433840184_thumb.png

4) open Wise Memory Optimizer -> Settings, check the option Run it when Windows stars whether has been ticked, then close it.

post-45-0-08844900-1433840191_thumb.png

5) restart PC to check.

Hey,

Windows 7 supports a Microsoft account? As far as I know, only Win 8/8.1/10 support a Microsoft account. So, I think your Microsoft account in Win 7 is a local account too.
I test it in Win 8.1 and Win 7, each system have two accounts (a Microsoft account and a local account, all accounts have administrator permission)

1, You don't need to re-activate wise care 365 even if you upgrade Win 7 to Win 10, except you format Win 7 system and install Win 10. If you want to remove the registration info, please mail to [email protected], my college can help you.

2, If wise care 365 and wise memory optimizer cannot auto run when you log in, please follow the below steps,

1) open Control Panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library

2) find tasks Wise Care 365, Wise Turbo Checker and Wise Memory Optimizer Task, delete them

attachicon.giftask.png

3) open Wise Care 365 -> Custom -> Settings, check all system options whether have been ticked, then click OK to save.

attachicon.gif365setting.png

4) open Wise Memory Optimizer -> Settings, check the option Run it when Windows stars whether has been ticked, then close it.

attachicon.gifmemosetting.png

5) restart PC to check.

You are correct but

Yes the Microsoft account is a local one in W7 however if you add a your Microsoft account with its password to a W7-SP1 devoce and update to W10 while logged into that account W10 will sync all yoiur settings & preferences.from any devices you have using W8.X when it updates the W7 device to W10.  At least that is how it has been when updating from W7 to W10 TP.  

If you update to W10 with a local non Microsoft account on W7 I believe it will not sync with your settings and preferences on any W8.X device you have because it does not know what to sync to.  In fact when I did this updating from W7-SP1 to W10 TP 10122 the computer froze and became unusable.   Now it could be that with W10 RTM on July 29th the updae to W10 will force W7 users to enter a Microsoft user account during the update.  Of course I have no way of knowing this.  All I know is that when I tried an update from W7-SP1 to W10 TP 10122 using a non Microsoft account the W10 TP update did not ask for my Microsoft account or if it did I missed it and as a result the computer froze became unusable during the update process.  The update did not force me to enter my Microsoft account during the update.

My guess is that the W10 RTM update from W7 will force the user to enter a Microsoft account during the update process and bring all the apps associated with the local account over to the Microsoft account along with automatically syncing all the preferences and settings.  However, I don't want to take a chance.   Setting up the Microsoft account in W7 and updating to W10 from there should allow for a smooth update and sync all my settings on that computer to my settings on my W8.X desktops using the same Micosoft account  We shall see

I am currently at another computer at the moment.  I will try your suggestions later today. I wll post back on how it went   Thanks again for the help. I appreciate it.

Its a bit of a long story but bottom line it appears that Wise Care 365 can not be set up with a Microsoft Account login in Task Scheduler even manually to run on login in W7.   There could be a manual Task Scheduler solution but I tried at least five different ways of configuring the Task Scheduler and even copied what was in Task Scheduler on my other W7 desktop PC which still has only a local user account.  I haven't decided whether or not I want to upgrade that computer to W10. 

That also did not work since the Windows Task Scheduler could not properly identify the Microsoft user account..

Thanks again for the help.   I will just manually load WC 365 Pro after a restart until just before the upgrade to W10.  I will then uninstall WC 365 Pro a day or so before the upgrade and reinstall it after the upgrade to W10.   It should load fine then.  The scheduled cleaning also does not work but I run a manual clean after I close my browser it is not a biggy to not have the auto cleaning feature. 

Anyway, thanks again for the help

P.S. I have a number of programs scheduled to run at startup and WC 365 Pro is the only one that does not work to run at login with the Microsoft user account.  Whether the other programs in Task Scheduler are running off the Task Scheduler or not I don't know.   In the end it was an interesting excercise but not a big deal that it could be resolved since I don't use that computer for anything but playing videos.  Which I do not do very often..

Hey, 

I test it again, and you are right. when using Microsoft account to log in Win 7, wise care 365 cannot create a task, even manually.

We are looking for the reason.

Thank you for your feedback.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The following steps can help you to manual setup the task. (using Microsoft account to log in Win 7) 

You can try it.

1, Using Microsoft account to log in Win 7

2, Install Wise Care 365 and Wise Memory Optimizer (if you want it)

3, Open Task Scheduler -> Create Task

4, Fill in task name - Wise Care 365 in General tab

5, This step is very import. Click Change User or Group ->click Advanced -> Find Now, then select Administrators, click OK to save.

image1.png

6, Tick Run with highest privileges

7, Click Triggers tab -> New -> select At log on, Any user, click OK to save

image2.png

8, Click Actions tab -> New -> select Start a program

Program/script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wise\Wise Care 365\WiseTray.exe  (you can browser it)

Add arguments (optional): -StartTray

Start in (optional): C:\Program Files (x86)\Wise\Wise Care 365\

image3.png

9, Click OK to save all settings. The task setup is done.

Same steps to set up the Memory Optimizer task. The difference is step 8.

8, Click Actions tab -> New -> select Start a program
    Program/script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Wise\Wise Memory Optimizer\WiseMemoryOptimzer.exe  (you can browser it)
    Add arguments (optional): -a
    Start in (optional): C:\Program Files (x86)\Wise\Wise Memory Optimizer\

image4.png