[WCare365/WDiskCleaner] Slimdown Options Causing System Integrity Violations in Win 7

UCanFixIt

To WiseCare Admin and Team,

Please stop offering these slimdown options for Win 7 users of WiseCare365 & Wise Disk Cleaner:

365_1.jpg

The second image shows the dangerous area that it is cleaning (eg, winsxs):

365_2.jpg

This cleaning results in the sfc /scannow command showing uncorrectable errors and there is no graceful way to correct them because the winsxs source has been deleted by WiseCare365 or WDC. 

Please take immediate action to remove these options for Win 7 users. This issue was reported last year by my2cents and now another user is trying to fix it as well. Please take action immediately on this important issue that is affecting all Win 7 users.

Best regards,

UCanFixit

PS: These files should never be removed by any 3rd-party application:

365_3.jpg

@UCanFixIt,

Thank you for your feedback.

First, as you see, all those items are Samples (videos, pictures, music, media), not system  files, are useless files. So, all those files can be removed, won't affect system Stability.

Second, System Slimming is not a automatic function, user must remove those files manually. So, I think user know those files are useless, he/she don't need them anymore, he/she can remove them. Otherwise, he/she will not remove those files.

But I will report it to developer team, we will improve it. 

@UCanFixIt,

Thank you for your feedback.

First, as you see, all those items are Samples (videos, pictures, music, media), not system  files, are useless files. So, all those files can be removed, won't affect system Stability.

YES, THEY ARE USELESS; HOWEVER, YOUR METHOD OF REMOVAL DOES HAVE AN INDIRECT AFFECT ON SYSTEM STABILITY; IN THAT, IT LEAVES BEHIND UNCORRECTABLE ERRORS THAT ARE BEING PICKED UP BY A SUBSEQUENT SCF /SCANNOW RUN. THIS CREATES PROBLEMS AND CONFUSION FOR ANYONE TRYING TO USE THAT COMMAND WHEN TROUBLE-SHOOTING A DIFFERENT PROBLEM DOWN THE ROAD. AGAIN, YOUR REMOVAL METHODS ARE CREATING SYSTEM INTEGRITY VIOLATIONS THAT ARE BEING PICKED UP BY SFC /SCANNOW AND THAT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE EXPLICIT I CAN BE ABOUT THE SEVERITY OF THE PROBLEM THIS CREATES WHEN TRYING TO CORRECT OTHER ERRORS VIA THE SFC /SCANNOW COMMAND.

Second, System Slimming is not a automatic function, user must remove those files manually. So, I think user know those files are useless, he/she don't need them anymore, he/she can remove them. Otherwise, he/she will not remove those files.

UNFORTUNATELY, MOST END USERS ARE TOTALLY UNAWARE OF THE CONSEQUENCES OF THEIR REMOVAL ATTEMPTS (AS RECOMMENDED BY WISE); THEREFORE (IN GOOD FAITH), THEY PLACE THEIR TRUST IN WISE TO KEEP THEM SAFE AND KEEP THE SYSTEM INTEGRITY IN-TACT AS WELL. UNFORTUNATELY, YOUR REMOVAL EFFORTS HAVE FAILED IN THIS AREA AND ARE CAUSING MORE PROBLEMS THAN THE REMOVAL EFFORTS ARE WORTH. PLEASE SEE THE ASSOCIATED ATTEMPT TO CORRECT THIS ISSUE AND ALL THE GRIEF ONE USER IS GOING THROUGH TO DO SO:

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/7832-wise-care-defaults-cause-system-resource-integrity-violations/

But I will report it to developer team, we will improve it.

USING THE PHOTO SAMPLES FOLDER AS AN EXAMPLE, YOU MAY BE ABLE TO JUST REMOVE THEM FROM THAT FOLDER INSTEAD OF INCLUDING THE ASSOCIATED WINSXS FOLDER. IN SUMMARY, YOUR PROCESS IS BROKE. USERS ARE UNAWARE OF THE CONSEQUENCES. THE OPTIONS NEED TO BE FIXED OR REMOVED COMPLETELY. PLEASE HAVE YOUR DEVELOPERS TEST THIS ISSUE ON A CLEAN INSTALL OF WIN 7 AND FOLLOW OUR ATTEMPT TO CORRECT THOSE ISSUES CAUSED BY YOUR REMOVAL OPTIONS. PLEASE UNDERSTAND I AM ONLY TRYING TO HELP YOU OFFER A MORE STABLE PRODUCT WITH MY RECOMMENDATIONS AND I AM HOPING YOUR TEAM WILL MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION HERE.

Wisecleaner_Admin:  I am the user that UCanFixit is referring to me and he has been going above and beyond to try to help me to undo the damage done by Wise Care.  The deletion of the Sample Pictures causes the System File Checker (sfc) Windows utility to report uncorrectable system resource integrity violations.  I, and UCanFixit, have spent hours trying to undo the damage, so far unsuccessfully.  By default, Wise Care removes those sample pictures and both of my computers are affected.

I FULLY support UCanFixit's request.  No reputable cleaning software should cause, by default, Windows 7 system resource integrity violations.  In fact, a reputable cleaner would warn the user, if he or she did check the box to remove the sample photos, that system resource integrity violations will result.

Until this is fixed, I will revert back to using my CCleaner Pro program.  At least it NEVER caused system resource integrity violations.  I consider the current Wise Care approach to this serious issue to be unacceptable.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

To Wise Admin and Wise Team,

I finally found a way to fix the issue caused by your partial deleteion attempt of the Photo Samples in Win 7. Note that I had much to do to clean up that sfc /scannow result. With that said, pleae remove the slimdown options for Sample Photos (and all other sample options as well) or fix them all so they don't create uncorrectable (and permanent) sfc /scannow failures. 

http://forum.wisecleaner.com/index.php?/topic/7832-wise-care-defaults-cause-system-resource-integrity-violations/

UCanFixit